Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favre, Moon, Cunningham
NFL always has a few hidden gems waiting in the wings.

Think of the start and finish of some of these players.

Favre a back up in Atlanta
Drew Brees injuried then traded to NO
Cunningham coming out of retirement.
Rich Gannon late bloomer
Gino Smith in Seattle
Baker Mayfield this past season.

Decent list of QB's who find success on other teams or later in their career.

Any QB's currently out there how have that potential?  

Quote: @"Still Hurtn" said:
NFL always has a few hidden gems waiting in the wings.

Think of the start and finish of some of these players.

Favre a back up in Atlanta
Drew Brees injuried then traded to NO
Cunningham coming out of retirement.
Rich Gannon late bloomer
Gino Smith in Seattle
Baker Mayfield this past season.

Decent list of QB's who find success on other teams or later in their career.

Any QB's currently out there how have that potential?  
Honestly I don't. Daniel Jones maybe? Sam Howell? But speaking of Gannon, one interesting thing to me, as we talk about Kirk's age, is how much better some QBs were later in their careers. 
Rich Gannon’s best year ever was at age 38; Brett Favre’s best year ever was at age 40; Aaron Rodgers was MVP at ages 37 and 38; Drew Brees was an All Pro at 39; Peyton Manning's 2nd best season was at age 37; Ben Roethlisberger led the NFL in game winning drives at 39. Tarkenton got his first passing title at 38.

I would have to say Russell Wilson when he is released will be the top prospect.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
I would have to say Russell Wilson when he is released will be the top prospect.
you think that the demand for Wilson will be higher than a FA Kirk Cousins?  The only way I would think that would be true is if you factor in that Wilson will be playing for peanuts.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FLVike" said:
you think that the demand for Wilson will be higher than a FA Kirk Cousins?  The only way I would think that would be true is if you factor in that Wilson will be playing for peanuts.

And that's a very good reason.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FLVike" said:
I dont want Wilson, but if we draft a rookie?  He’d be as good as any of the bridge guys out there. His salary would help us reset Kirks cap number. 

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FLVike" said:

And that's a very good reason.
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FLVike" said:
I dont want Wilson, but if we draft a rookie?  He’d be as good as any of the bridge guys out there. His salary would help us reset Kirks cap number. 
I dont think Wilson has near as much left in the tank as Cousins,  Wilson brings a truckload of prima donna  baggage that Cousins doesnt,  for teams really wanting a QB that can lead a team,  I think Cousins will see much more demand,  for teams that are drafting a rookie and just want somebody to drive the car for a year or so, then Wilson is attractive, but only because he is cheap and had shown to be a pretty good QB in the past... but how far past is that past?  I tend to see it as Cousins, then Mayfield,  then maybe Wilson in terms of teams wanting a bridge type guy,  I would throw in Browning and Darnold into this group.  again in terms of demand, not necessarily in a guy to try and build around.

A lot depends on how Cousins recovers from his injury, same goes for Rodgers. Wilson might be rejuvenated away from Payton 

Wilson won't come to the Vikings, which I see as a blessing!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Wilson won't come to the Vikings, which I see as a blessing!

Not that I want him to come but any QB in their right mind would love the chance to throw it to JJ.