Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My “Surprise” team for this year
Chargers.
And it would really suck.

Justin Herbert fantasy owners might be in for a down year, but they are going to play defense, run the ball, and will be a totally different team under Harbaugh. I expect him to win quickly 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Justin Herbert fantasy owners might be in for a down year, but they are going to play defense, run the ball, and will be a totally different team under Harbaugh. I expect him to win quickly 
They have some roster issues to take care of. Buy yeah, that coach and QB, no reason they shouldn't start competing rather quick.

Why would it suck if the Chargers do well? I like their QB and kinda felt bad for that franchise playing second fiddle to the Rams and just about any team playing them in SoFi. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Why would it suck if the Chargers do well? I like their QB and kinda felt bad for that franchise playing second fiddle to the Rams and just about any team playing them in SoFi. 
My guess is somehow because we 'missed out' on Harbaugh. The fact is the Chargers underperformed last year, they have talent and should be a decent team this season. Really won't be surprised.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
My guess is somehow because we 'missed out' on Harbaugh. The fact is the Chargers underperformed last year, they have talent and should be a decent team this season. Really won't be surprised.

But their Cap situation is pretty bad IIRC, remember seeing a graphic of it with Mack, Bosa, Allen, Herbert and Ekelar along side of upcoming FA contracts.  Looked to me like may be a major roster change. 

Quote: @mblack said:
Chargers.
And it would really suck.
The Chargers bouncing back wouldn't be much of a surprise. In '23 they lost their center, their star edge and their QB to season ending injuries. As we know, teams can endure injuries here and there, but injuries to your best players makes you a completely different team. 

Don't get the Charger hate though. 

I wonder if Mack or Bosa is available for trade for a reasonable pick where we just pay their base salary and they eat the dead cap.

They are going to be an interesting team when it comes to the draft. I see a lot of mocks have them taking Brock Bowers, but I could see them trading down or taking the first defender off the board. Bosa is a 36 million cap hit for them this season if they don't use the out in his contract. Khalil Mack would be a 38 million dollar cap hit if he doesn't restructure. EDGE would make sense 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
They are going to be an interesting team when it comes to the draft. I see a lot of mocks have them taking Brock Bowers, but I could see them trading down or taking the first defender off the board. Bosa is a 36 million cap hit for them this season if they don't use the out in his contract. Khalil Mack would be a 38 million dollar cap hit if he doesn't restructure. EDGE would make sense 
Is there an edge that high  in the draft though?  Id bet a weeks wages that Harbaugh takes a OT unless Harrison somehow falls into their laps.