Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Where'd your username come from?

Demographic?
Geographic?
Psychographic?
 Other???

Mine is pretty simple and telling...

Fan since 74, season tix holder back to the Warren Moon days. 

Back in the mid late 90's on Viking Update Bob Lurtsema site (or Viking Underground) I started off as Vikalcoholic which indicated an addiction to Vikings football. In the later 90' or early 2000's I switched to Still Hurtn cuz of all the scars I carry from all the disappointing losses. Now you know...

I'll use a video this time. Been there a half dozen times and still takes my breath away. 

https://youtu.be/YDMiDU3H8ZQ?si=8o4m35TPFuR3YAlT

Marched Drum Corps International  - Santa Clara Vanguard in 1983

1 clue: I've never been to San Diego

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
1 clue: I've never been to San Diego
Figured. Just 'born and raised in South Detroit', right?

Mine is silly and basically an inside joke. My wife and I a LONG time ago were having a mini-vacation in Seattle, specifically Snowqualmie Falls. We were lying in the hotel bed in the morning, looking at the room service menu and as I was speaking to the person on the phone ordering, I couldn't stop laughing about ordering a StickyBun (where I grew up it was called a sweet roll), this caused my wife to start laughing and we laughed so long and hard that the room service person hung up on us, lol. 

Pretty simple for me, but it stuck:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-QXotF03Yc
Plus
[Image: 2387_minnesota_vikings-primary_dark-2013.png]

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
Back in the mid late 90's on Viking Update Bob Lurtsema site (or Viking Underground) I started off as Vikalcoholic which indicated an addiction to Vikings football. In the later 90' or early 2000's I switched to Still Hurtn cuz of all the scars I carry from all the disappointing losses. Now you know...
gotta admit love the “Still Hurtin” username.

Hope you can change it sometime soon

Location location location---it will forty years here in 3 months