Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0

Daniels at 6 would be surprising to put it mildly...Not everyone sees it the same, but I can absolutely see top 4 gone well b4 pick 11. 

I mean, I guess it could happen like this. Its the NFL Draft, its always quirky. But there's also always a big surprise in the top 10 that the 'experts' miss, a guy they have ranked like mid or late 1st round or 2nd that NFL GMs love. The penchant for NFL teams to bag on their recently drafted QBs makes anything possible. 

My opinion however is that there is a Tier 1 (Williams, Maye and Daniels) and then a step down with QBs. A recent post quoted an article that said, "some teams think JJM is another Joe Burrow". I think that's a massive stretch. Go ahead and stare at something long enough and you can convince yourself of anything I guess. I've already mentioned I'm all in on JJM if he can sit behind Kirk Cousins....its perfect for a guy like McCarthy. But he's still raw and young and if there's no Kirk Cousins, I think it will be to his developmental detriment. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Daniels at 6 would be surprising to put it mildly...Not everyone sees it the same, but I can absolutely see top 4 gone well b4 pick 11. 
If, big if...Kirk doesn't sign with us, you have to hope it's Atlanta to remove them from possibly drafting a QB as a team picking before us

And I'm still in the boat that if it's not a QB than I would absolutely love the Dallas Turner pick 

I think he's spot on when he says Dejean feels like a Packer pick. Could see him doing well there.
I'll be heartbroken about the QBs if it plays out like this and we don't move up, but Turner would be a nice pick. Our pass rush stinks.

It appears McCarthy and Nix have switched places from DJ's 1.0 mock and his 2.0 mock. DJ does his big boards based on how he would personally rank them. But his mocks are based on what he's hearing from NFL sources. So it's pretty clear there are some teams who rank McCarthy very high. 

Now, I don't think that necessarily means he for sure goes in the top 10 (the teams who love him might pick later in the round), but it does mean there's a bigger risk in waiting on him if you don't know who those teams are and what they might be willing to give up to get him. 

In this scenario, New England is going the “veteran” route
at QB and skipping the rookie QB.  Which
veteran QB are they getting?  Is that
realistic?  Like would they really take a
Cousins or a Tannehill?  Are they
planning on those one of those two older guys being their long term starter for
like 5 years?  Are they going to help
them get just good enough to fall out of range of drafting their QBOTF whenever
that happens?  I just don’t see why New
England goes the veteran QB route and then doesn’t double down on getting a
young guy.  They aren’t really in win now
mode in my mind.

Quote: @medaille said:
mode in my mind.
I think they'll probably draft a QB like you said, but if they don't, they may not be as far off as it seems. The defense was average last year, the offense was putrid. Add Russell Wilson, Marvin Harrison Jr, and some free agents (they have loads of cap space), and if I squint hard enough I could see the path. With Rodgers back in NY next year their division does look very difficult. That more than anything might tilt them towards rebuilding rather than retooling.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@medaille said:
mode in my mind.
I think they'll probably draft a QB like you said, but if they don't, they may not be as far off as it seems. The defense was average last year, the offense was putrid. Add Russell Wilson, Marvin Harrison Jr, and some free agents (they have loads of cap space), and if I squint hard enough I could see the path. With Rodgers back in NY next year their division does look very difficult. That more than anything might tilt them towards rebuilding rather than retooling.
Or maybe its a bit akin to the SF route; build the trenches/surround on offfense, solid D and then grab a young QB protected by that surround in 25 or 26. 

SF's plan would have looked pretty good if Lance panned-out, now it looks good with lucking out even more with Purdy.