Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So come NFL Draft Night, Day 1....
....how are you going to be feeling? Strangely, I think I'm going to be a little anxious. PF's comment about loving and hating this time of year is correct. It seems like a lot is riding on this Draft....and we'll know what's going on with Kirk at that time as well. Big offseason to say the least. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952dest26gcvuuva2e1hac...w.gif&ct=g]

I will be hoping Kwesi gives Flores some tools to work with; unless Kirk has decided to move on!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
....how are you going to be feeling? Strangely, I think I'm going to be a little anxious. PF's comment about loving and hating this time of year is correct. It seems like a lot is riding on this Draft....and we'll know what's going on with Kirk at that time as well. Big offseason to say the least. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952dest26gcvuuva2e1hac...w.gif&ct=g]
I think it's the biggest offseason in decades, but it's not all about the draft. Most of the drama is going to come before the draft. By draft night, we will already have our presumptive starter (hopefully Cousins) and may already sit somewhere in the top 4. And the only question will be: who will drop? JJ or Maye? 

As a 50 year fan of this team I'm expecting the feeling will be disappointment, Nuclear option, you know, like CFIAvike said;Kwesi will not see value at 11 for one
of the second tier QBs. Which means we’ll probably take a corner from
Clemson or try to get cute and trade down again.

Quote: @FLVike said:
As a 50 year fan of this team I'm expecting the feeling will be disappointment, Nuclear option, you know, like CFIAvike said;Kwesi will not see value at 11 for one

lol, can't be discounted. Its taken a toll on our fan souls this Vikings team. 

Draft night a lot of anticipation as the picks come off the board.  Seeing good players drop knowing we will get somebody at a position of need or BPA that can help in year one.  Finally the Vikings are on the clock and we see the time ticking away until the pick has to be in.  Then we think don't trade the pick because there are impact players left to choose from.  Finally we hear "we have a trade" and the anticipation goes right out the fucking window.  Thanks Kwesi for doing your best Rick impersonation.

I am hoping for an offseason that gives me renewed hope.... I am expecting an offseason that is more like wash rinse repeat.  Its been so long since the team has made a big statement in the offseason its kind of hard to really get excited.  knowing that a new approach wont come together in one offseason ( if it ever does ),  but also feeling that the tweak it approach hasnt paid dividends either... at least with the new approach we can see exactly what KOC and KAM envision a team to be and either rally around that or tune into the NHL preseason,  but until they put a stamp on this thing it just seems like SOSDD

Really hoping for some 1st tier FA signings so that we aren't dependent on hitting home runs in a completely unpredictable draft. Of the list of DL, S, LB, IOL, RB, give me 2 to 3 of these in any combination, and our draft becomes exponentially easier. Of course signing 3 is a pipe dream, but a guy can dream.

Quote: @FLVike said:

IT seems the Vikings lately have trouble when they try to get Value instead of just drafting good players. 

That said, if they are sitting in the top 4 on draft night I will be pretty nervous (in a good way).