Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 RB Watch
This guy remind you of anyone? Both 6-1, 220. Both good power and good speed. He may not run with the same kind of violence--no one did--but the way he gallops reminds me so much of Adrian Peterson. Looks like his value is currently mid-2nd round. 

https://youtu.be/sgWeA23relw?si=aPXjj0AtaAOEXO56

Where's the camel?

And here I was thinking
Darren McFaddenTodd Gurley
Leonard Fournette
Saquon BarkleyBijan Robinson
were all "the next AP". Always a fun annual chuckle when some pundit makes this statement. Been about 20 years, has yet to come remotely close to being true.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
And here I was thinking
Leonard Fournette
were all "the next AP". Always a fun annual chuckle when some pundit makes this statement. Been about 20 years, has yet to come remotely close to being true.

There will never be another AP (or AD, depending on your preference). And I don't think I've heard anyone make that comparison. I'm just saying the galloping nature of Benson's open field run style is similar. It's not common to see 6-1, 220 lb humans run that fast. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
And here I was thinking
Leonard Fournette

There will never be another AP (or AD, depending on your preference). And I don't think I've heard anyone make that comparison. I'm just saying the galloping nature of Benson's open field run style is similar. It's not common to see 6-1, 220 lb humans run that fast. 
Kid is a stud and it would be awesome to get him. I agree, he runs a little like AP. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
And here I was thinking
Leonard Fournette

I haven't really scouted RBs this year. Can he catch the ball at all?

We won't be spending high draft capital on RB.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
We won't be spending high draft capital on RB.
Unless they try another all in and kick some major cap cans,  RB shouldn't even be in the top half of players to take on their draft boards.  Too short of careers and too easy ro find in free agency.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
And here I was thinking
Leonard Fournette

I haven't really scouted RBs this year. Can he catch the ball at all?

He catches the ball fine, but I've read he's not the best in pass pro. According to a few sites, the best pass blocker is Jonathon Brooks, who would probably be the top back in the class if he hadn't suffered an ACL in November. 

Blake Corum??MINNESOTA VIKINGSThe Vikings are entering the offseason with a fairly sizable need at running back. Kevin O'Connell's offense struggled to move the ball effectively on the ground throughout the 2023 campaign. The Vikings averaged a 29th-ranked 90.7 rushing yards per game.
Alexander Mattison, who averaged a measly 3.9 yards per carry, led the Vikings in rushing with 700 yards. The Vikings scored a league-low seven rushing touchdowns. Corum scored nearly four times the amount of touchdowns at Michigan last season.
Midseason acquisition Cam Akers is an unrestricted free agent. Vikings general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah is sorting through decisions at quarterback while also preparing to sign Justin Jefferson to a record-breaking extension. Adding Corum on a four-year, cost-controlled contract should appeal to the Vikings
https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/2024/02/15/blake-corum-nfl-draft-fits#google_vignette