Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the odds?
Any of the top 3 drafting/qb needy teams take MHJ over a QB???

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Any of the top 3 drafting/qb needy teams take MHJ over a QB???
that would be putting the cart ahead of the horse IMO.

I don't remember where I posted it, but one of the draft analysts thought New England drafting a QB would be foolish since that team is so bad in nearly every area. 

Maybe 10-15%? It seems low but not impossible. 

5% one of the top 3 QBs get hurt between now and draft night
5% one of the top 3 QBs does something extremely boneheaded between now and draft night
5% the Patriots decide their roster is so bad that getting MHJ makes more sense than Daniels or Maye

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Maybe 10-15%? It seems low but not impossible. 

5% one of the top 3 QBs get hurt between now and draft night
5% one of the top 3 QBs does something extremely boneheaded between now and draft night
5% the Patriots decide their roster is so bad that getting MHJ makes more sense than Daniels or Maye
I figure that “boneheaded” move shoots up to 50%after their name is called

Well what are the odds that one of the top 3 make it to 11 and KAM trades down for another bag of chips?

The one partial alibi Mac Jones still has left is that he's had absolutely nothing to throw to. Since he's still on his rookie deal, I'd give a 10% chance NE decides to see if a WR with a pulse can give Jones one.

Quote: @RS Express said:
The one partial alibi Mac Jones still has left is that he's had absolutely nothing to throw to. Since he's still on his rookie deal, I'd give a 10% chance NE decides to see if a WR with a pulse can give Jones one.
Well you're right that he has no one to throw to, but we're talking about a guy who has been benched four times in three seasons. It's over for Mac. 

But I do think it's possible the Patriots choose not to take a QB at three. One draft analyst thought they'd be better off trading back and building their roster a little before throwing a QB into that grease fire.