Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too Early Crushes -Day 2

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10095839-jackson-powers-johnson-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-oregon-iol.amp.html

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10100169-jonah-elliss-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-utah-edge.amp.html

Dont know much about Powers, but looks like a day 1 starter to me. Dude is STOUT. 

Elliss has the bloodlines and is twitchy AF.  He could go day 1 just looking at his highlight vids. 

I can see Powers-Johnson going in the first if someone really needs a Center. I don't like taking C in the first - I hated the Bradbury pick in real time. Still remember walking through an airport to catch a flight as the Vikings were picking Bradbury. Ruined my night.
I like Elliss but I do not see him going in the first. But as a third rounder, yeah. 

I don't think we're going to be able to fix the center position with a draft pick. Unless we sign Cousins to a three year deal or more (wildly unlikely), the 1st round pick is going to be a QB. We don't have a 3rd rounder and so that 2nd rounder almost has to be defense. We're not going to find an immediate upgrade at center in the 4th round. 

I think it's very possible we trade or release Bradbury (again, $0 dead) and either find a center in free agency or trade. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
I can see Powers-Johnson going in the first if someone really needs a Center. I don't like taking C in the first - I hated the Bradbury pick in real time. Still remember walking through an airport to catch a flight as the Vikings were picking Bradbury. Ruined my night.
I like Elliss but I do not see him going in the first. But as a third rounder, yeah. 
I've seen some mocks with him going late 1st round. However it gets done, we need an upgrade at center 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I don't think we're going to be able to fix the center position with a draft pick. Unless we sign Cousins to a three year deal or more (wildly unlikely), the 1st round pick is going to be a QB. We don't have a 3rd rounder and so that 2nd rounder almost has to be defense. We're not going to find an immediate upgrade at center in the 4th round. 

I think it's very possible we trade or release Bradbury (again, $0 dead) and either find a center in free agency or trade. 

Agreed. Not a deep draft for OCs & the top 3 should be gone by Round 3.

Quote:
I've seen some mocks with him going late 1st round. However it gets done, we need an upgrade at center 
Bradbury has $4.9M that becomes guaranteed on 3/15/24. If he is still a Viking at that time (my bet is he will be) he will be our C this year. Not sure what his cap hit is for 2025 but I suspect he will be our C in '24 and '25 - unless he is a disaster this year. So we are not drafting a C high this year. 

I'd take a swing at this center in round 4:

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Sedr...OL-Georgia

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'd take a swing at this center in round 4:

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Sedr...OL-Georgia
If he is here in the 4th, that's a pretty good pick. I can see 3 or 4 OC being gone by the end of the 3rd. I think there may be a pretty big gap between Powers-Johnson and Frazier / Van Pran.

Quote: @dadevike said:
Bradbury has $4.9M that becomes guaranteed on 3/15/24. If he is still a Viking at that time (my bet is he will be) he will be our C this year. Not sure what his cap hit is for 2025 but I suspect he will be our C in '24 and '25 - unless he is a disaster this year. So we are not drafting a C high this year. 
I agree, Bradbury at center is probably the most likely. I know there are a few Viking fans out there who don't seem to be watching when other centers get beaten, but it happens to a lot of centers not named Bradbury. He's a middle of the pack center. With the exception of maybe the Eagles and Lions, most good offensive lines are made up of two or three stars and a couple of league average players. 

I just think there are a few clues in his late-year performance and the fact that they wrote his contract with zero dead in 2024 that suggest he might not be. 

By the way, remember the center everyone was in love with last year? John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt or whatever? He was horrible. Worst center in the league.