Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Important Positions in the NFL
Outside of QB what positions need the most talented players?

1. LT
2. Edge Rusher
3. CB
4. DT
5?

What say you?

I think I'd put edge rusher above LT. I think an elite edge rusher does more for you than an elite LT. I'd also have WR in there. 

So for me Edge, WR, CB, LT, DT. Honestly, you could probably just look at which positions get paid the most and copy that list. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I think I'd put edge rusher above LT. I think an elite edge rusher does more for you than an elite LT. I'd also have WR in there. 

So for me Edge, WR, CB, LT, DT. Honestly, you could probably just look at which positions get paid the most and copy that list. 
And the Vikings are in need of three of those excluding QB.
After drafting CBs consistently for 6 plus years, we still need a CB. Yikes! 
This competitive rebuild is starting to get really competitive with my patience.

Much depends on your scheme on O and D. Not all puzzles pieces fit.
Ideally youll have talent, depth, health and some luck to win games.

All about your priorities IMO

Do you want to run the ball & chew the clock? you need road graders up front, youre not gonna flat-back anyone, but youve gotta be able to change spine angles and make a hole.
You wanna throw? speed & Talent on the outside, need O-linemen with quick feet that can vertical set up front and can get engaged quickly and STAY engaged.
Do you want a QB to get the ball out quickly in the pocket, or move the pocket? This will effect your choice up front also. You want a pounding runner or agile with some wiggle?

On D, do you prioritize run stuffers in the middle, speed and strength at Edge. Do they prioritize contain, or the rush?  Can your DB’s stay on receivers hips, get their heads around? Can they knock down a pass instead of putting themselves in a bad position when trying for a pick? Do they have enough presence to get a DPI instead of giving up a TD? You want your DL to funnel for LB? Want LBs that can stay home, or go after the opposition backfield?

But outside of QB, DEPENDING ON SCHEME - IMO
(assuming you HAVE a good K)

You have to adjust (sometimes by the season) based on the cards youre dealt with talent

1. Blindside T (L or R - based on QB)
2. Edge
3. DT
4. CB
5. RB
6. WR
7. LB
8. TE
9. C

Personally I prefer to pound the rock & chew the clock.  Keep your D rested and ready.

I would put coach at number 2 as ours lost at least 2 games this season single-handedly.