Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Block in the back
Why is it when there is a play being made on a ball carrier down field that a block in the back isn't called when an OL player comes running down field and slams into the pile of defenders, most often hitting them from behind as he tries to push the pile forward?  Should that be the call in that situation?

Draft Kings…!?  Wink B)  

or for years letting a running back stiff arm his hand into the grill of an attempting tackler.  Isnt that hands to the face mask?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Why is it when there is a play being made on a ball carrier down field that a block in the back isn't called when an OL player comes running down field and slams into the pile of defenders, most often hitting them from behind as he tries to push the pile forward?  Should that be the call in that situation?
Agreed, cause I dont believe the refs are watching closely enough as to who they are actually shoving (or not). 

Time to kill the tush push crapola too. 

I will take a stab at it;Is it because he is not wearing purple?

Saw the porter kid from Pittsburgh get knocked out of the game Monday on a hit like this and it struck me as bullshit as I've seen it happen quite often and it really puts the defenders at risk. 

And don't get me started on the fucking stiff arm to the face,  when the mere brushing of a QBs helmet draws 15 yards. 

NFL has all type of Rules that make no sense and things they allow that should be rules.

1. QB fake slide should be against the rule
2. Intentional grounding is one of the most convoluted
3. Kick Off the return man can go out of bounds reach into the field touch the ball and the kicking team is penalized
4. Fumble out of the end zone and ball goes to the opposing team. No other fumbles work that way.

It used to be illegal to push or pull on your teammate to advance the ball. When did that rule change?