Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford ruled out

Just watched his press conference. Man was he salty with the reporters. This season is slipping away before we are even a quarter way into it. I hope Keenum has a good game, but lets not kid ourselves into thinking he can get the job done in Sam's absence. Bone bruises, if that's what this is, can be a debilitating injury that could take 4-6 weeks to heal. If he is really seeking a second opinion with James Andrews, this is a lot more serious than they are telling us. Ruling him out on Friday vs. a game time decision is pretty telling. 

it sucks, but Keenum has won several games in this league when supported by a good D.  at home we should have a decent shot at this game if we protect the ball

:#

Football gods why have you forsaken 

Quote: @"minny65" said:

This is more of the 40 years wandering in the desert variety...

Quote: @"TBro" said:
Just watched his press conference. Man was he salty with the reporters. This season is slipping away before we are even a quarter way into it. I hope Keenum has a good game, but lets not kid ourselves into thinking he can get the job done in Sam's absence. Bone bruises, if that's what this is, can be a debilitating injury that could take 4-6 weeks to heal. If he is really seeking a second opinion with James Andrews, this is a lot more serious than they are telling us. Ruling him out on Friday vs. a game time decision is pretty telling. 
How is he salty?  They keep asking questions he can't answer.  speculation, crystal ball gazing, rumors, that is their job, not his. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"TBro" said:
How is he salty?  They keep asking questions he can't answer.  speculation, crystal ball gazing, rumors, that is their job, not his. 
Part of his job as a Head Coach is dealing with the media. He doesn't handle that part of his job well at all and creates a lot of his own conflict with the media with his answers. I don't give a shit about any of that and was just making an observation about his mood at the press conference. He doesn't seem like a Head Coach that is overly confident in his QB situation going into an important NFC matchup, and if I was him I would be just as Salty knowing that I'm entrusting the team's fate in a Journeyman QB who has only started 27 games over a 6 year career in the NFL and has a 9-16 record as a starter to show for it. If that part of my post was lost in translation than I apologize for not making myself clear. This season is teetering on a total collapse because we don't have a capable QB on the roster that can carry this team while we wait for Sam or Teddy to return. If I'm wrong after this weekend and Keenum surprises us all, I will gladly apologize for jumping off the ship.  

No worries, just curious what you thought was salty.  i get the frustration on your part and on his.  What about Bilicheck, does he deal well with the media? 

Quote: @"minny65" said:

Maybe this has all been a punishment for being dumb enough to trade away Tarkenton?

Quote: @"greediron" said:
No worries, just curious what you thought was salty.  i get the frustration on your part and on his.  What about Bilicheck, does he deal well with the media? 
Bill Belichick has earned the right to be salty with the media and get away with it. Zimmer hasn't proven anything as a head coach yet so his testiness will get scrutinized more harshly by the fans and media. When you are a consistent winner, you can get away with a lot of stuff. Since the "wide left" kick in the playoffs, this team seems to be on a downward spiral and the honeymoon is over. Purely speculation on my part, but I think Zim and Spielman are on a short leash this year to produce a deep playoff run or will be gone. Again, the demeanor of Zimmer doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. If Bradford's injury is long term, this season is over. Even if Teddy does come back healthy in week 7, it will be too late to salvage the season. Too many good teams in the NFC that we won't beat with Keenum as QB.