Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paying for the Exclusive Streaming ONLY for NFL Playoff game - Chiefs vs Dolphins!
So I just heard that the NFL gave Peacock Streaming the Exclusive rights to air the Chiefs vs Dolphins - So if you DONT live in these two teams markets OR don't have Peacock - your screwed. OR you can pay Peacock for the right to watch this game.

Im fairly pissed about hearing this- apparently even those who doled out $$ to have all the NFL games for the season would have to pay to see this game (live out of market for these teams Or don't have Peacock)

The writings on the wall - this shit will be the future. I can only imagine when everyone will have to pay some $$ to even view the Super Bowl. Greedy bastards.

Thoughts on this??? Am I wrong about what I read/heard? 

Just pirate stream it.

Personally, I'm very close to only watching the NFL Redzone Channel on Sundays. Watching a full game with all the commercials is on my last nerve. Minnesota continues to ultimately disappoint each and every year, so I'll save myself some aggravation. I'm a fair-weather fan now anyway. If they are good enough, they'll be on nationally televised games and I'll decide to whether to suffer through a whole game. 

7 hours of commercial free football and the Witching Hour are where I think I'll be for NFL Sundays this year. Re-watch the highlights online whenever I like afterwards. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Personally, I'm very close to only watching the NFL Redzone Channel on Sundays. Watching a full game with all the commercials is on my last nerve. Minnesota continues to ultimately disappoint each and every year, so I'll save myself some aggravation. I'm a fair-weather fan now anyway. If they are good enough, they'll be on nationally televised games and I'll decide to whether to suffer through a whole game. 

7 hours of commercial free football and the Witching Hour are where I think I'll be for NFL Sundays this year. Re-watch the highlights online whenever I like afterwards. 
exactly what i have been doing the last two seasons - red zone only.    for sunday night monday night i record and start watching about 45 minutes after kickoffs and that gets me into the 3rd quarter and from m there i mute the sound

[Image: 63ewk1q3v5yy.jpeg]
Fuck you Roger & the Peacock you rode in on…!!!  Confused 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

exactly what i have been doing the last two seasons - red zone only.    for sunday night monday night i record and start watching about 45 minutes after kickoffs and that gets me into the 3rd quarter and from m there i mute the sound
Yep, I hear you. The color commentators are so horrible on these broadcasts. The main guys are fine. In September and October, my wife and I watch the games poolside so we have music on and the TV sound off anyway. 

On Peacock.....not paying for a garbage streaming service for one game. Its bullshit they are doing this for a playoff game.

even being a chiefs fan... fuck it,  I am not signing up,  even if they offer a free 30 days or whatever like I've done in the past and then cancelled. The message needs to be sent that the fans dont like this shit... even if I am only 1 fan boycotting, its my stand.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
even being a chiefs fan... fuck it,  I am not signing up,  even if they offer a free 30 days or whatever like I've done in the past and then cancelled. The message needs to be sent that the fans dont like this shit... even if I am only 1 fan boycotting, its my stand.

Nope, no more free trials…  Confused 

I agree.  I'll skip watching this before signing up even for a free trial.  It isn't a coincidence they're just doing one game this way.  This is a trial balloon by all means.

I think they need to experiment with different options.  I don’ think there’s a lot of correct options.  The SB is obviously a special circumstance
because people actively watch it for the advertisements and putting that behind
a paywall would be suicide.  For all the
other games, the current method of putting it on free network tv with
advertisements allows people to easily bypass the advertisements, so if you’re
advertising your $70k trucks or pharmaceutical drugs to a market that isn’t
watching them, how much do you really want to pay?  If you put them behind paywalls that cost too
much or have a too high a barrier of entry, you lose your fanbase that is
watching games that aren’t “their” team. 
Pirates aren’t paying.  I think it’s
a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation for them.  I think mostly they need to find a platform
that allows them to ensure that people who aren’t paying are forced to watch
the advertisements, but that people who are paying get to opt out of the
advertisements.

If I were the NFL, I would be trying to remove network
exclusivity, where your games are only on network tv or only on one streaming
platform.    I would mandate that each
game have to be served on 3 different platforms:  free network tv with ads, free streaming with
ads, premium streaming for paying customers where there’s no ads and they get a
more premium experience over the free versions. 
Perhaps the they eliminate all the TV timeouts and play the game in real
time and the free watchers are slowly lagging behind the real game while they
watch ads.  Perhaps the ad-space is
filled with guys talking about football. 
Perhaps you’re paying to here all the miked up guys in real time (after
the in-helmet communication shuts off). 
Perhaps you can choose who you want to listen to (home radio, away
radio, broadcast team, stadium announcers, etc. guys like PFF or LockedOn)  Perhaps you can add-in audio chat rooms of
like minded fans over top the broadcast. 
I think the soccer model isn’t a horrible choice for the NFL where the
game is always playing but ads pop up mid game during slow moments and you can’t
really avoid it.