Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penix
Anybody still want this guy?  Awful tonight. I’ve seen 3 of his games this season and 2 have been stinkers. 

His mechanics are awful. 

nope, dont want him 

Nope, but looks like McCarthy needs another year of school too.

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
nope, dont want him 
Makes two of us. About as accurate as Josh Dobbs when pressured. And he's always got some lingering injury, aggravating rib issues this time. He's going to get his ass pounded in the NFL and he'll be an injury machine watching more NFL games than he competes in.

Certainly was a disappointing performance.  Likely cost himself millions on his first contract.  Thats easily the best DL they have faced as he typically is outstanding against pressure,  really a poor showing when even average for him could have likely won the game.  

If we want Penix, just resign Dobbs, which I’m not against as a backup.  Penix certainly didn’t pass the eye test and he had weapons. I’d say he fell out of the first round last night. 

I’d draft McCarthy but probably not at 11. It would be interesting to give Flores the pick of the litter on defense as it looks like all 10 picks ahead of us will be offense. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
If we want Penix, just resign Dobbs, which I’m not against as a backup.  Penix certainly didn’t pass the eye test and he had weapons. I’d say he fell out of the first round last night. 

I’d draft McCarthy but probably not at 11. It would be interesting to give Flores the pick of the litter on defense as it looks like all 10 picks ahead of us will be offense. 
I dont see the comp at all,  I am guessing last night was the first you have seen of Penix?  Penix is typically very accurate, especially on deep balls. 

With that said,  I am cooling on Penix and leaning more towards Nix or McCarthy,  not because of how Penix played last night, but more that he got hurt once again.  The reality of having another Teddy issue to deal with is just to soon.  Any kid we pick has the chance of getting hurt,  but I would prefer to see a kid that doesnt come with a substantial medical chart. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

I dont see the comp at all,  I am guessing last night was the first you have seen of Penix?  Penix is typically very accurate, especially on deep balls. 

With that said,  I am cooling on Penix and leaning more towards Nix or McCarthy,  not because of how Penix played last night, but more that he got hurt once again.  The reality of having another Teddy issue to deal with is just to soon.  Any kid we pick has the chance of getting hurt,  but I would prefer to see a kid that doesnt come with a substantial medical chart. 
sorry for jumping into this - I havent seen Penix play much either, how often does he do the “side-arm” throwing motion? saw it a few times last night, and it scares the Hell outta me...but then again Im old. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

I don’t watch college ball. Last night he threw short distance almost every play. When he had a long ball it was off its mark. He has a goody throwing motion on top of it. I’m good on passing on him. 

I've seen Penix about 4x before last night and came away each time thinking he was a top 15 pick.  Everyone has a bad game from time to time, but the thing that concerned me with him last night is that he looked to have that deer in headlight look from the start of the game.  Michigan did a great job of beating him down and he did not get much help from his teammates, but the great ones have a way of riding out the rough patches and turning it around, which they had their chances and he repeatedly missed wide open WRs on plays that could have turned the game around.  Just didn't see that moxy, confidence and swagger that I would like to see in a QB.