Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports.com Latest Mock Draft

Yep,  if we ended up with Penix, without having to trade up to get him,    and you had a feather up your ass.... we'd both be tickled.   Smile

I was hoping to see Trice from Washington fall to us in the second,  but I can't be greedy.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Yep,  if we ended up with Penix, without having to trade up to get him,    and you had a feather up your ass.... we'd both be tickled.   Smile

I was hoping to see Trice from Washington fall to us in the second,  but I can't be greedy.
lol, I laughed. I'm not really anti-Penix, I just worry a bit about his injury history. He's got a great arm and just enough mobility. He's a mature kid. I'd get behind it if it happens. JJ McCarthy is the kind of prospect who you have to believe you can coach up because he's got a higher ceiling, but he's a risky selection. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

lol, I laughed. I'm not really anti-Penix, I just worry a bit about his injury history. He's got a great arm and just enough mobility. He's a mature kid. I'd get behind it if it happens. JJ McCarthy is the kind of prospect who you have to believe you can coach up because he's got a higher ceiling, but he's a risky selection. 
McCarthy wouldn't bother me either,  his mobility would be a plus while he learns the pro game,   but i dont think he's the arm talent that Penix is,  not sure there is a better passer in the draft,   but I haven't watched them all. 

1). I hope we draft higher than 12

2). If they really love someone, I hope they make a move up to get him
    - Jayden Daniels is the guy I would like to see them get

3). I'd be good with Penix;
   - High floor, dont know how high his ceiling is or how it compares to McCarthys's.
   - I think he is more ready for the pros today vs McCarthy
   - Would not surprise me if his age and injury history would make the Vikings pass

I think MPJ is the biggest boom or bust QB in the draft. But ya gotta be pretty stoked to land a top QB without moving up. 

I think it would benefit the Vikings to see Arizona land on that 3rd slot. I think they might be open to a trade down. And if so, the Vikings may decide they'd be happy with any of the top 3 QBs (I know I would) and move there long before the draft, ala 49ers a few years ago. 

I think I'm firmly in the McCarthy over Penix camp at this point

Penix accuracy is unreal, he reminds me of Kenny Stabler a little bit. He just slings into tight windows all over the field.  Now highlights didnt show me his ability to move in the pocket, or deal with pressure, but he certainly sees the field well and has enough arm for the NFL. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Penix accuracy is unreal, he reminds me of Kenny Stabler a little bit. He just slings into tight windows all over the field.  Now highlights didnt show me his ability to move in the pocket, or deal with pressure, but he certainly sees the field well and has enough arm for the NFL. 
I like his feel in the pocket, seems to avoid sacks pretty well that in itself would be an upgrade. Bigger arm than stabler ever had.