Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jefferson fined for td celebration

wat??

Is this some twisted way for owners to claw back some pocket money for their trips to the strip clubs and massage parlors? Its so random and petty.

So will lamb get fined 26k for doing a double pistol celebration after a catch yesterday?  How about the archery celebrations i see from numerous players,  that is a weapon as well....  fucking dumb asses.  It's  like the NFL is racing college football to see who can be first to fuck up their cash printing machine.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
So will lamb get fined 26k for doing a double pistol celebration after a catch yesterday?  How about the archery celebrations i see from numerous players,  that is a weapon as well....  fucking dumb asses.  It's  like the NFL is racing college football to see who can be first to fuck up their cash printing machine.
Here's the thing: it can't be fucked up, its too popular. Its almost beyond reproach. The NFL ratings for Christmas Day were massive, with the MNF matchup that night the highest in 27 years. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Here's the thing: it can't be fucked up, its too popular. Its almost beyond reproach. The NFL ratings for Christmas Day were massive, with the MNF matchup that night the highest in 27 years. 

nothing is unbreakable,  ask AB,  sure this little bit of idiocy isnt going to push fans away,  but I will admit that I dont watch nearly as much non Vikings games as I used to, even though I am at the point in my life ( empty nester ) that I have more time for such things than ever.   Definitely dont watch as much CFB as I did a few years ago either, the way the super teams and super conferences have turned the rest of the schools programs into JUCO level talent is just sad and is only getting worse.  The transfer portal has pretty much made the bowl games unwatchable with the players that are ineligible or simply choosing to sit out to protect their NFL status,  its just killing the bowls.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

nothing is unbreakable,  ask AB,  sure this little bit of idiocy isnt going to push fans away,  but I will admit that I dont watch nearly as much non Vikings games as I used to, even though I am at the point in my life ( empty nester ) that I have more time for such things than ever.   Definitely dont watch as much CFB as I did a few years ago either, the way the super teams and super conferences have turned the rest of the schools programs into JUCO level talent is just sad and is only getting worse.  The transfer portal has pretty much made the bowl games unwatchable with the players that are ineligible or simply choosing to sit out to protect their NFL status,  its just killing the bowls.
Keep in mind, you are getting close to being out of the target demographic. At 57, I'm out of that range. They care a lot less what fans like you and I think because of our age (I think you are still in your 40s, right?) and we are hardcore fans. The NFL wants the fence sitters, its a huge group. That's why NFL games like the 49ers and Ravens draw massive ratings, it moves the fence sitting demo off the fence.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Keep in mind, you are getting close to being out of the target demographic. At 57, I'm out of that range. They care a lot less what fans like you and I think because of our age (I think you are still in your 40s, right?) and we are hardcore fans. The NFL wants the fence sitters, its a huge group. That's why NFL games like the 49ers and Ravens draw massive ratings, it moves the fence sitting demo off the fence.
Im 50 now,  that niners ravens game was a massive matchup though, any fan would be drawn to that,  but honestly,   what else was anybody going to watch on christmas night?  we've all already watched all the christmas movies 10 times since they started playing them the day after halloween.  I am talking about the dilluted product coming from college and the idiocy of the NFL when it comes to relating to its fans,  do you think any fans give 2 shits about a finger pistol fired off in an otherwise benign celebration?  ( i know you dont )  when I see the league fighting on these hills... i see a really dumb leadership group and that gives me pause to their future success.   I likely wont live to see its death,  but I look at other leagues and have seen how fast they have fallen from grace at times and it could easily happen to the NFL as well.

Im watching less and less football every year.  Even Vikings games.  How many heartbreaks can I really take since the ‘70’s?
Also 57, Between the countless commercials, half of the starting QB’s out for the season, the NFL scriptwriters trying to keep games close or foster a comeback, add in the piss-poor officiating, its really not worth the “entertainment”. Yeah there are exciting moments, and Id be more jazzed if the Vikings had some hope this season, but meh....There are no games or matchups that motivate me to watch 3 hours of insurance commercials..errr...uh..football

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Im watching less and less football every year.  Even Vikings games.  How many heartbreaks can I really take since the ‘70’s?
Also 57, Between the countless commercials, half of the starting QB’s out for the season, the NFL scriptwriters trying to keep games close or foster a comeback, add in the piss-poor officiating, its really not worth the “entertainment”. Yeah there are exciting moments, and Id be more jazzed if the Vikings had some hope this season, but meh....There are no games or matchups that motivate me to watch 3 hours of insurance commercials..errr...uh..football
And it will only get worse if they go ahead with adding more teams internationally.  Further diluted talent pool,  amd games spread into stranger starting times...they may add a few international fans,  but I predict they will lose more here at home.