Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last night: LAR/SF
Watching most of last night's fairly entertaining game between the Rams and Niners, a few thoughts:
1. Is Goff better? Or is the level of competition making him appear that way? I can't decide. He looked good but I haven't seen him in the first two weeks. Whatever the case, you can't dismiss the points this team has put up in three weeks. It rivals the output from Kurt Warner's era.
2. I think Gurley is the closest comp right now to AD in his prime. He disappeared last year, but watching him last night, he seems to have the closest skill set and strengths to Adrian.
3. Speaking of RBs, are we embarking on a new golden age of high-quality backs? LeVeon, David Johnson, Gurley rejuvenated, Jordan Howard, Zeke the tweak, Hyde, Jay Ajayi, Freeman, Melvin Gordon, promising early returns on Kareem Hunt and Dalvin. As guys like AD, Jonathan Stewart, Gore and Lynch age out, it appears we have a new wave of youth to replace them, all grouped within a few years of each other. Mark Ingram, Demarco Murray and Shady McCoy are the bridge.
4. Aaron Donald is still a wrecking crew, but it says something when you give up 39 to the touchdown-less Niners. LAR has some injuries but still, it's Hoyer, Hyde and a crew of castoffs.

My separate observation from the entertaining game:

You can see why the popularity/viewing is down when you get a lame WR push off call with minutes in the 4th quarter and the 49'ers driving for a game winning FG after an epic comeback.  That call just sucks the wind out of the whole game.

Over officiating is killing the product.  Too many unnecessary rules...still don't understand the FG alignment call we got last week.  When fans like us (diehards on this site) can't follow rule changes and understand calls what do you think happens to the casual fan???

Goodell sucks - to many rules and over officiating.  

Donald is a game changer.  How many splash plays did that guy make last night...about 20