Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Weekend for Us: Giants beat Packers
who could have thought all the stars would line up for us this weekend.
Despite how bad we played, all the injuries, we managed to pull of a win and all our close contenders lost.
the Giants sealed the weekend with a 24-22 win over the packers with a last second go ahead field goal

[Image: hy4dmrx5dw22.jpg]

SF slugging the Seahawks helped too.  The biggest threat is 6-7 TB because they have the head-to-head on us.  The Vikings have the head-to-head on 6-7 ATL and NO.  If the Vikings can beat Browning in Cinci and the Pack at home it would be hard to knock us out off the playoffs even if they lose both Lions games.

DeVito is a nice story, but he's not an NFL starting QB. I hope he and his family are enjoying this time in the spotlight because it won't last. Should be a bitter loss for Packer fans considering the media had crowned them.

We definitely got some help this weekend and especially great to see the DeVito story and him leading the way to beating the Pack.  That being said, I hear Herm Edwards yelling "playoffs" in my ear, imagining what he would have to say about a team that just scored 3 total points in a dome against a very bad team. The bar is not set too high for Mullens, so while he should be an improvement over Dobbs, like Dobbs he has also been a career backup, so do not expect him to suddenly become the kind of QB this team will need to beat good teams. Despite the loss last night, GB is playing well as is Cincy who even without Burrows have a very good team. I would be surprised for us to beat them on the road, Lions are not playing great, so think we can get 1 of 2 there, so think the season comes down to the GB game which fortunately is at home. I honestly think our best bet is playing Hall and hoping he becomes our Tommy DeVito =)

What's kind of amazing is the Vikings pretty much control their own destiny after all the major injuries and just a roller coaster 2023 season  to-date.

What they do with that opportunity probably wont amaze me. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

What they do with that opportunity probably wont amaze me. 
Agreed. As I keep saying, I'm very glad there are meaningful games left, Minnesota has their destiny in their own hands, playoff possibilities, etc. But I fully expect it to fade and blow up as we move forward. Hope I'm wrong. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
DeVito is a nice story, but he's not an NFL starting QB. I hope he and his family are enjoying this time in the spotlight because it won't last. Should be a bitter loss for Packer fans considering the media had crowned them.
No probably not but there are very few quality qbs so the league is embracing the fun stories. And why not? It's like living the dream for a bit, nothing wrong with that. The Vikings did it but of course the reality check came. It hurts no one to have some fun in a season that crashed and burned