Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Dobbs
Josh "Freeman" Dobbs simply better not play on Sat.  All I saw today was Josh Freeman/ Joe Webb.
I can appreciate KOC giving him an opportunity and his play versus Atlanta was fun!  However it's
plain to see Mullens fits the Kirk gameplan mold and have to believe the receivers will feel better
knowing Mullens won't be throwing hospital balls.

Pretty sure it's Mullens for now 

Should be Hall, and likely would have been if we had lost 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
No this is Mullen’s ship now.  Hall should be the back up.

Quote: @hpertrain said:
@supafreak84 said:
No this is Mullen’s ship now.  Hall should be the back up.
It's only because we are still in contention, but everyone understands what guys like Dobbs and Mullens are already.

Dobbs seems to have awful instincts, he is the George Costanza of QBs in that every decision is the wrong one.  A lot of dropped balls did not help, but a lot of his drops are from the ball being too high where the DB can effect it with impact instead of getting the ball and putting it into the gut of the WR.  The bar was not very high for Mullens so he looked good by comparison, but I would prefer to see Hall as I think he has the higher upside. 

IF - we get to the playoffs, were not going far.  Why not see what Hall has in game situations before going into the draft?

This is what I posted after the Bears game, " They have a QB who lacks accuracy and makes bad decisions, often times throwing to covered receivers.
Jefferson returning is not going to be enough. Dobbs won't be able to get the ball to him.
The offensive line didn't protect as well against the Bears as they had been, but the offense with Dobbs was almost non existent. " 

I have not changed my mind. What has changed is I am beginning to question KOC's judgement.
Dobbs belongs on the bench. Maybe bring him in for a trick play now and then, but don't let him pass.

I said it as far back as prior to the Denver game - Dobbs is a known commodity and he would crash hard.  

I get why fans would be talking about how he was gonna get a 30 mil/yr contract after the Atlanta game, haha, but why KOC, with years of experience and a big staff of experts on hand, needed to fuck around with Dobbs through nearly 3 full games after Dobbs was clearly reverting to form late vs the Saints is mystifying.

If Coach Hot Air would have just switched to Mullens at the half in Denver, something which seemed obvious at the time, there's a reasonable chance we're 9-4 or 8-5 right now.

But I'm sure I'm about to hear crap like "fastest to 20 wins in Viking history"!   This guy is stumbling badly in many areas.  If it weren't for Flores who is bound to leave soon we'd be 2-11 right now and coach genius would probably be looking at an exit.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
I said it as far back as prior to the Denver game - Dobbs is a known commodity and he would crash hard.  

I get why fans would be talking about how he was gonna get a 30 mil/yr contract after the Atlanta game, haha, but why KOC, with years of experience and a big staff of experts on hand, needed to fuck around with Dobbs through nearly 3 full games after Dobbs was clearly reverting to form late vs the Saints is mystifying.

If Coach Hot Air would have just switched to Mullens at the half in Denver, something which seemed obvious at the time, there's a reasonable chance we're 9-4 or 8-5 right now.

But I'm sure I'm about to hear crap like "fastest to 20 wins in Viking history"!   This guy is stumbling badly in many areas.  If it weren't for Flores who is bound to leave soon we'd be 2-11 right now and coach genius would probably be looking at an exit.  
The people really talking seriously about Dobbs as the QB next year did so out of their dislike of Cousins. Easy to spot. Dobbs is exactly what he's always been, a guy not nearly good enough to start anywhere for more than a game or two. Mullens should have started the whole game yesterday.