Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Macys Thanksgiving Day parade on NBC
[Image: 6eecb2313700c3e40e2dee73cf5cbc16_w200.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dpls9nhultpxqam85k...y.gif&ct=g]

My wife was up at 6:30 for pre-game (pre-parade).  She has not missed watching it in over 6 decades.  Yeah, she was two years old when she watched her first one with her Mom on a black & white console TV.  It's a tradition she won't miss.  Me?  Meh.  It just does nothing for me.

I rember watching as a kid .not a lot on tv  then . didn't even know it was still on tv anymore

Not sure about NBC, but the CBS broadcast was just 10 minutes of commercials, and pimping CBS shows. I finally had to ask....”Is there a parade there somewhere?”

Turned if off and started cooking

Some pro Palestineans did a protest. I guess the superglued themselves to the road during the parade.  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Some pro Palestineans did a protest. I guess the superglued themselves to the road during the parade.  
Some protestors did that at the U.S. Open women's tennis tournament this year. 

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
My wife was up at 6:30 for pre-game (pre-parade).  She has not missed watching it in over 6 decades.  Yeah, she was two years old when she watched her first one with her Mom on a black & white console TV.  It's a tradition she won't miss.  Me?  Meh.  It just does nothing for me.
I get that. I'll occasionally catch a bit here and there and it immediately takes me back to when I was a kid watching with my family and that distinct, unmistakable smell of Thanksgiving dinner being prepared. I'll watch it sometimes just to get that hit.  Smile

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
Some protestors did that at the U.S. Open women's tennis tournament this year. 
They shoulda shot the January 6th people who went over the gates.  By not shooting them it makes it look like its ok to rush an event.

Who the Hell cheers for a bully? 

The Falcon cannot hear the Falconer

Today's parade is NOTHING like the parades of 40+ years ago that many grew up watching. There's more lip synching than at a Milli Vanilli concert.