Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VELSPAR WEEK 3
PURPLE PERSPECTIVE

“Vikings announce Sam Bradford, ruled out for today’s game vs Pittsburgh Steelers…” That was the alert on my phone after leaving church on Sunday minutes before the Vikings game. There was no way we would win this game now I thought. Okay, optimism still rules me, but a loss would certainly not ruin my day or week. Cancer already did a fine job of that. Saturday I attended the funeral of a young girl AVA who died two days before her 12th birthday. That was difficult to say the least. It kinda ripped the joy out of everything for me. Rest in peace sweet Ava. While it was heartbreaking and emotional to see her parents and sister go through this journey there was joy in knowing that this girl led a special life and touched so many people. She honestly changed my life and the lives of many who she came in contact with. She loved sparkles, the more the better. Pink, Purple were her favorite colors and we sprinkled those colors (glitter) on her casket. The vault the holds the casket was painted like a zebra and the funeral procession was a cross between a wedding procession (cars, announcing the bride and groom) and a regular funeral procession as we “rode” our way through the small iowa town passed her house and to the graveyard. One last ride through town. It was a Blessing to experience.

It appears that when the Vikings list a player as injured we can assume the worst. I don’t mind not getting the straight story from the coach, but anytime a Viking is listed it’s probably worse than what they are saying. It was obvious that they still had high hopes for Sam playing, because the alternative well there is none. It’s hard to yell next man up when it appears the backup is just not effective and I called him backup because I can’t think of his name off the top of my head and that’s scary. It’s also apparent that this defense cannot carry this team to victory. I think that game was very winnable with a healthy Sam, but with the uncertainty surrounding that knee it looks like we are in for another long year. After witnessing Ava’s short life there are better things to do and worry about. tempus fugit memento mori

So now that there are no expectations left for this team, it’s time to move on to Tampa Bay or at least home to defend USB. SKOL VIKINGS, LET’S WIN THIS GAME!

WEEK 3 IS HERE

Sorry to hear about your loss.

BUMP

Woo hoo! Wink

[Image: images.jpeg]h