Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL sideline reporter says she made shit up.....
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/me...608786007/

So stupid to admit this and secondly, what a joke 'journalist' she is. This goes on way more than you think. This isn't a newspaper where you go through an editor and there's a semblance of journalistic peer review (more so in the past, less so now). I guarantee you some of these 'NFL insiders' make up shit all the time and either don't have sources or don't talk to the persons involved in the story, yet have 'quotes'. Who's going to check? You aren't supposed to reveal your sources in true journalism to protect their identities and keep the information coming. Erin Andrews also admitted a few years ago she did this as well and nothing came of it. You can make up that you spoke to a source and its taken at face value. 

Then you have excellent journalists like Andrea Kremer, who did things the right way always, and she's rightly outraged by this. Too many pretty faces jammed into sports media and the journalistic chops and ethics aren't there. 

Lets be clear...I could give a F about how good of a reporter she actually is...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Lets be clear...I could give a F about how good of a reporter she actually is...
Careful. We all know WHY she was hired....her and about 25 others in the NFL and CFB.....but the younger crowd think these people have actually earned something besides hitting the genetic lottery. Riiiiight. 

Unless they're former players on these sports shows, the pretty girls probably know very little about football and are asked to read the monitors and react with a little excitement.  But a pretty face, large breasts and long legs really does help.  Smile

The only thing they really say that’s of any importance is
if an injured player is done for the day or not.  Other than that, the coach never says
anything of value anyway.  It’s not like
there’s real journalism happening.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
Unless they're former players on these sports shows, the pretty girls probably know very little about football and are asked to read the monitors and react with a little excitement.  But a pretty face, large breasts and long legs really does help.  Smile
its probably a safe assumption for some,  but I think there are likely quite a few that could talk most fans under the table when it comes to knowledge of their covered sports.   Wasnt Sam Ponder a coaches daughter that grew up in football?  I think there are likely a few more that would bury most of us with their knowledge of areas of expertise in the game.

If I never heard or saw a sideline reporter again during a TV broadcast or a stupid running after the coach at halftime interview for generic soundbites it would make the game more enjoyable to watch from my standpoint.

I hate these in game interviews the coaches have to give now... WTF is that about,  doesnt KOC have better things to do while the game is going on than talking to the press?  Cant the color guys fill the time with some more of their witty reparte?

I normally mute all football broadcasts so I have no clue any of them are saying. Sounds like I am not missing anything.