Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Defense
Before the season I thought if Brian Flores could improve our defense from 31st to roughly 18-20, we might just have something. The Vikings run defense ranks 6th. The pass defense ranks 12th. 

I said the same thing: between 17th-23rd we'd be improved big time. Now its a team strength. 

That defense has really improved and continues to do so. With that said, I was not a big fan of Atlanta's 11-straight run drive they put on the defense last week.

This is a really fun defense to watch now that Flores is here.  It seems like all the DBs are playing with great confidense (Booth included), and are in position to make big plays.  Both TDs for the Saints were actually covered damn well by Murphy, but the WRs made exceptional plays.Phillips is looking strong and making more plays than anytime last season too.  Hope they can keep it up!

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
This is a really fun defense to watch now that Flores is here.  It seems like all the DBs are playing with great confidense (Booth included), and are in position to make big plays.  Both TDs for the Saints were actually covered damn well by Murphy, but the WRs made exceptional plays.Phillips is looking strong and making more plays than anytime last season too.  Hope they can keep it up!
This guy is going to be a good one:

[Image: blmc61u5szvpeviigtvn.jpg]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

[Image: blmc61u5szvpeviigtvn.jpg]
Blackmon is flashing too. Maybe not Rhodes Closed potential but he looks like a player. Evans too. Bynum goes without saying. The young DBs have stepped up. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:

Blackmon is flashing too. Maybe not Rhodes Closed potential but he looks like a player. Evans too. Bynum goes without saying. The young DBs have stepped up. 
Blackmon, Evans, Metellus and Bynum have been fantastic. Imagine where we'd be if Cine and Booth were playing up to par. 

I think  Blackmon is gonna improve to a point that he's gonna be compared to Antione Winfield.

May not have the measurables, a little light, a little short but when the game starts none of that matters. They can just play.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
I think  Blackmon is gonna improve to a point that he's gonna be compared to Antione Winfield.

May not have the measurables, a little light, a little short but when the game starts none of that matters. They can just play.
Blackmon is long limbed for a guy under 6 feet. When you see him on the field, he looks taller than he is. Love his upside.