Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NFL needs another wave of young QBs to be stars....
....and next Spring's class might be just what the doctor ordered. They need another 3-4 up and comers that move the needle for younger viewers. CJ Stroud MIGHT be one. And I know its early, but I just don't see Bryce Young being it. At all. Time will tell with guys like Will Levis who is now the man in Tennessee. 

I have this sinking feeling that JJ McCarthy is going to be a top 5 selection. Which blows for Minnesota. 

I think this is a pretty good era, even with some having "off years?"

Mahomes
Allen
Burrows
Tua
Hurts
Herbert
Rogers - when he returns

Even tier 2 guys like Cousins are pretty good in their own right. 

I like Josh Allen, but this stat is brutal. 

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1722747327473913867

Quote: @StickyBun said:
....and next Spring's class might be just what the doctor ordered. They need another 3-4 up and comers that move the needle for younger viewers. CJ Stroud MIGHT be one. And I know its early, but I just don't see Bryce Young being it. At all. Time will tell with guys like Will Levis who is now the man in Tennessee. 

I have this sinking feeling that JJ McCarthy is going to be a top 5 selection. Which blows for Minnesota. 
I posted a link in another thread where Wolfson states that the team is high on McCarthy. If that's true, and so is the rumor that they inquired about trading up high in this past year's draft, then I can see them trying to make a big jump to get the guy they want next year. I for one would love to have that kid sit behind Kirk for a year or two and then take over.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@StickyBun said:

I posted a link in another thread where Wolfson states that the team is high on McCarthy. If that's true, and so is the rumor that they inquired about trading up high in this past year's draft, then I can see them trying to make a big jump to get the guy they want next year. I for one would love to have that kid sit behind Kirk for a year or two and then take over.
I would be ecstatic.....seriously. McCarthy is my QB man crush for the Vikings. But I also think he's going to gather a ton of interest from other organizations.

@PurpleCrush said:
@StickyBun said:

I would be ecstatic.....seriously. McCarthy is my QB man crush for the Vikings. But I also think he's going to gather a ton of interest from other organizations.
I think so too, but this would be where KAM can put his stamp on the organization by making the big move to secure the QBOTF. JJ to JJ has such a sweet ring to it.

The knock on Allen coming out of Wyoming was his accuracy. He had big problems with it his rookie season. He improved over the next few seasons, but that fundamental problem is still there. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

The knock on Allen coming out of Wyoming was his accuracy. He had big problems with it his rookie season. He improved over the next few seasons, but that fundamental problem is still there. 

He also throws/scores a bunch of TDs as well.....but these INTs seem to come at the worst times. 

[Image: F-ipmjLW0AAp0sY?format=jpg&name=900x900]

[Image: F-i92Ska8AAnLBn?format=jpg&name=large]