Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the chances Flores is back @ DC next year?
I say 50/50...  :/

Harbaugh will be in S.Diego and there will be more openings for sure with Vegas etc. among em. 

I think it’s tough to predict just how much of a red flag
his lawsuit is.

I’m also curious how much he’s willing to jump on any offer
he sees vs how much he’ll decline opportunities for bad organizations and wait
for an opportunity at a quality organization.

He’s definitely earning another HC opportunity, but my gut
feeling is he’ll be back in 2024 but gone in 2025.
I don't know why any quality candidate would take the Raiders job.

Herbert and the LAC roster would be tough to turn down but I could also see Harbaugh going to Vegas, possibly along with McCarthy.
Rivera is done in DC but I don't really see a Flores fit there.
Unfortunately, Chicago makes a lot of sense and there's an outside possibility of GB too.

Quote: @medaille said:
his lawsuit is.

I agree, I wonder how that lawsuit will affect his prospects.  It shouldn't, but we've seen NFL teams "black ball" guys before who challenged the shield.

For selfish reasons, I hope he sticks around as our DC for awhile.  But if our defense stays on this trajectory, I'm guessing he'll get some interviews this off-season.

I think he will be back next year. Teams that want a young QB to develop will look elsewhere.

IMHO None of the job openings are gonna lure him away after his experience in Miami

I think he returns.

Who knows? Not much to be done anyway, why worry about it. I think Flores is still a bit radioactive when it comes to being a HC. I wouldn't put the odds that high. Interviewing for a spot? Sure. Actually getting one? I don't think so. You know how the NFL loves their minority interview requirements. Flores probably won't put himself through the charade, at least not next year. I heard he really likes Minnesota.

If he does leave, I think KOC knows what he wants in a DC and that would be a Flores type. Aggressive. Unpredictable. Find a younger guy with those tendencies and you'll be ok. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Who knows? Not much to be done anyway, why worry about it. I think Flores is still a bit radioactive when it comes to being a HC. I wouldn't put the odds that high. Interviewing for a spot? Sure. Actually getting one? I don't think so. You know how the NFL loves their minority interview requirements. Flores probably won't put himself through the charade, at least not next year. I heard he really likes Minnesota.

If he does leave, I think KOC knows what he wants in a DC and that would be a Flores type. Aggressive. Unpredictable. Find a younger guy with those tendencies and you'll be ok. 
I think we get a bonus draft pick too, but only if he stays with us for 2 seasons. So that'd be a cherry on top if he does stick around for another year. Regardless of what happens, what a job he's done versus the garbage we witnessed last year! Sooo many chunk runs and big plays given up last season.

He may just be fed up with taking shit from owners being a HC at least for a few years.  Maybe he will end up liking the guys he has now on defense, the head coach, and ownership here that he doesn't really have to deal with on a daily basis.  I think he understands the Rooney rule and won't take any token interviews, instead will stay with KOC and the Viking defense he is starting to build. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@medaille said:
his lawsuit is.

I agree, I wonder how that lawsuit will affect his prospects.  It shouldn't, but we've seen NFL teams "black ball" guys before who challenged the shield.

For selfish reasons, I hope he sticks around as our DC for awhile.  But if our defense stays on this trajectory, I'm guessing he'll get some interviews this off-season.
Guarantee he will get interviews.  But I just doubt anyone is ready to hitch to that wagon just yet.