Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ty Chandler, C'mon Down!
Vikings reveal which RB will be replacing Cam Akers on the field
As Vikings fans continue to wonder how the team will go about replacing Akers, Minnesota offensive coordinator Wes Phillips revealed during his weekly press conference on Tuesday that second-year running back Ty Chandler is going to get more opportunities out on the field moving forward.

After averaging 10 snaps per game in the first three weeks of the season, Chandler has only been on the field with the offense for a total of four snaps in the Vikings' last three matchups.

So it's not too surprising to find out that he's only accumulated a total of 13 touches this year (eight rushing attempts, five catches). However, he has averaged 6.5 yards each time he's had the ball in his hands this season, so perhaps more chances for Chandler could lead to good things for Minnesota.

Still, given his lack of usage during the last few weeks, it will be interesting to see how short of a leash the Vikings give Chandler before they decide to give someone else a chance.

Hopefully, Chandler, Minnesota's fifth-round pick in 2022, can just make the most of his increase in touches this season, and the team won't have to worry about replacing him.
https://thevikingage.com/posts/minnesota-vikings-reveal-running-back-cam-akers-ty-chandler

Ok, no real surprise here...

Looking forward to what he can do with more touches...

This Saints game has some nice story lines to it!! 

I honestly don't get it. I'm not going to pretend to know more about running backs than the guy who just guided the 8-time-released Josh Dobbs to victory on Sunday, but I don't know why Chandler is just now getting more carries, and even then only because of injury. 

There could be a lot going on behind the scenes I don't know about, but I've always felt that Chandler was the best RB on the team. I'm curious to find out if he shows that on Sunday or if I find out what the team has known all along. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I honestly don't get it. I'm not going to pretend to know more about running backs than the guy who just guided the 8-time-released Josh Dobbs to victory on Sunday, but I don't know why Chandler is just now getting more carries, and even then only because of injury. 

There could be a lot going on behind the scenes I don't know about, but I've always felt that Chandler was the best RB on the team. I'm curious to find out if he shows that on Sunday or if I find out what the team has known all along. 
Yup, another mystery wrapped in an enigma...

The only thing I can think is he's not a good pass blocker...  cuz he's a great runner and receiver every time he touches the ball.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

The only thing I can think is he's not a good pass blocker...  cuz he's a great runner and receiver every time he touches the ball.
HE seemed to pick up the blitz fine in the preseason but of course, preseason.

Only good thing is since the team is 'forced' to use him with injuries, he's actually talented. He's got some skills in his RB bag. He'll also be prepped all week so he should be ready.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

A pass blocking problem would seem to be the most likely. Also heard a rumor he has poor practice habits. Either way, I think he's got more juice than Mattison and Akers. 

@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

A pass blocking problem would seem to be the most likely. Also heard a rumor he has poor practice habits. Either way, I think he's got more juice than Mattison and Akers. 
All our backs were crappy in pass pro.  KOC inserted Hammer and fixed it 

He certainly showed it. Why again has this man not been starting for us? The difference between Mattison/Akers and Chandler is ridiculous. He's even had two huge runs brought back by penalty.