Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZERO presnap penalties...
...with Dobbs at quarterback. How was this even possible?

Risner had one false start when Hall was still in there, but otherwise they played a perfect game in this regard.

Oh, and the rest of the team had zero accepted penalties as well. There was one running into the kicker penalty on an ATL FG try, but since it was 4th and 16 it got declined.

It's funny how it took me three days to realize this, but you gotta give credit where credit is due - to the players and the coaching!

IIRC PA was saying on Monday that the crew that had this game was known for being flag happy this year,  which makes this an even bigger accomplishment.

Quote: @GermanVike said:

Risner had one false start when Hall was still in there, but otherwise they played a perfect game in this regard.

Oh, and the rest of the team had zero accepted penalties as well. There was one running into the kicker penalty on an ATL FG try, but since it was 4th and 16 it got declined.

It's funny how it took me three days to realize this, but you gotta give credit where credit is due - to the players and the coaching!
I think all the mental errors in the first several games sharpened this team's focus a little. 

Quote: @GermanVike said:

The rest of the team honed in, focused and took up the challenge.  Great to see and hopefully they can carry it forward.

Actually Vikings penalties this season have been quite low, the team is the 2nd least penalized in the league. 

https://www.nflpenalties.com/team/minnesota-vikings?year=2023#google_vignette

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game