Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid question
How do I place a tweet in a post? I used to be able to just copy & paste the url into the body of the post and it would show up, but that's not the case anymore.

Any suggestions?

You have to replace the x in the url with twitter.

the x . com doesn't seem to embed, but replacing it with twitter . com and it will usually work.  Except when it doesn't.

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
How do I place a tweet in a post? I used to be able to just copy & paste the url into the body of the post and it would show up, but that's not the case anymore.

Any suggestions?
I keep reading this from some, I do exactly the same thing with no problems. Weird. I just copy and paste the link and boom.

Quote: @"greediron" said:

the x . com doesn't seem to embed, but replacing it with twitter . com and it will usually work.  Except when it doesn't.
Weird. It automatically comes up with twitter in the url, but same thing. No post.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:

Any suggestions?
I keep reading this from some, I do exactly the same thing with no problems. Weird. I just copy and paste the link and boom.
I never had issues until recently.

It's always been bizarrely difficult for me but yeah lately I can't get it to work at all. Not on mobile (Chrome for iphone), not on laptop (Firefox for Mac). Shrug

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
@"greediron" said:

Weird. It automatically comes up with twitter in the url, but same thing. No post.
Ok, well like I said, except when it doesn't.  Twitter embedding is always hit and miss for me.  the X thing is one little part that usually helps.

The "X thing" resolved my issues posting the link...

Twitter has been moving to monetize posting and has made it difficult to do as of late.  The changeover started about 6 months ago.  That's why many board twitter feeds went away.

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
Twitter has been moving to monetize posting and has made it difficult to do as of late.  The changeover started about 6 months ago.  That's why many board twitter feeds went away.
Makes me wonder if that is the source of the issues.