Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This MFer is bringing the wood.....
[Image: bsbwjdyqrcuhho5bpvfj]

Wish we could make him co-head coach. I’m hopefull that he doesn’t get a head coaching job next year. 

All the things we thought would be necessary for the '23 Vikings to become legit contenders happened. The offensive line improved incrementally, Cousins looked great in year two of the offense. Addison was everything we hoped he'd be and more. The defense improved from 31st to middle of the pack...and the Vikings were contenders. 

And it all went up in smoke on one non contact injury to a player who's never missed a game. Has to be just devastating for a team that always believed in itself despite all the haters and tankers. 

In 2014 I had heard about how Zimmer coached up really good defensive teams......

Week 1 @ Rams it was rather  apparent  why his reputation preceded him as a defensive guru.

Fast forward to 2023.

It's a bit different, took a couple weeks,  but I get why Flores has the same reputation. He's a bad ass. 

Fixing the mess that Danatell created in 8? games is gonna draw HC interviews THIS season. 

Hope I'm wrong on that, but  I just think at least 1 NFL owner is gonna see what Vikings fans see, Flores is legit.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
In 2014 I had heard about how Zimmer coached up really good defensive teams......

Week 1 @ Rams it was rather  apparent  why his reputation preceded him as a defensive guru.

Fast forward to 2023.

It's a bit different, took a couple weeks,  but I get why Flores has the same reputation. He's a bad ass. 

Fixing the mess that Danatell created in 8? games is gonna draw HC interviews THIS season. 

Hope I'm wrong on that, but  I just think at least 1 NFL owner is gonna see what Vikings fans see, Flores is legit.
Agreed. Flores has done an awesome job and deserves HC looks from smart teams. Selfishly I hope it doesn't happen but if he does leave, I'll be the first to say thank you for making this defense watchable and dare I say it, fun, again.

Draft some more talent on D especially in the front 7 and it would be interesting to see where he could take it.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
All the things we thought would be necessary for the '23 Vikings to become legit contenders happened. The offensive line improved incrementally, Cousins looked great in year two of the offense. Addison was everything we hoped he'd be and more. The defense improved from 31st to middle of the pack...and the Vikings were contenders. 

And it all went up in smoke on one non contact injury to a player who's never missed a game. Has to be just devastating for a team that always believed in itself despite all the haters and tankers. 
Pretty much unfortunately. They stubbed their toes the first 3 games with turnovers....but definitely righted the ship and you could see the potential. So much for all that now. KOC mentioned yesterday that Cousins and he were completely dialed in to each other and Kirk knew what KOC wanted the offense to look like. 

F*ck. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Pretty much unfortunately. They stubbed their toes the first 3 games with turnovers....but definitely righted the ship and you could see the potential. So much for all that now. KOC mentioned yesterday that Cousins and he were completely dialed in to each other and Kirk knew what KOC wanted the offense to look like. 

F*ck. 

And it was only going to get better as the season wore on, and Cousins, JA and JJ learned to operate more as a trio and less as a duo with a newcomer. Fuck is right. 

It's Hall's show now. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

F*ck. 

And it was only going to get better as the season wore on, and Cousins, JA and JJ learned to operate more as a trio and less as a duo with a newcomer. Fuck is right. 

It's Hall's show now. 
Not missing much without Kirk (sarcasm):

Since the start of the 2020 season, Kirk is:
  • 4th in yards behind only Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen.
  • 3rd in TDs behind only Mahomes and Allen.
  • 1st in game winning drives.
  • 1st in 4th quarter comebacks.
  • 6th in yards per attempt among players playing more than 50% of games in that time.
  • 5th in completion percentage among players who have played more than half of the games in that time.
  • 8th highest (best) in attempts per INT among players who have played more than half of the games in that time.

I really doubt he is getting looks as a HC this coming year.  His last run at it was a disaster.  He is a defensive coach and as we so painfully know, that comes with issues as the OC gets fired or hired pretty much every year.