Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to the Blue Ox in Vegas?
In Vegas again for travel baseball. There's a Viking bar called the Blue Ox on Sahara. A dive bar away from the glitz of the strip sounds super appealing to me right now. Anyone been there? 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
https://youtu.be/niumQLDL_k0?si=RbAUvDNrmYW6c5Iy
Nobody wants to watch your home videos, Supa. 

yea I was many years ago you wanna go to the one on the east side  of town  there were a few blue oxs

Probably been to Vegas 30 times and never even heard of the Blue Ox. Let us know how it was. 

Yeah, been to Vegas a ton but rare to never go off strip. Can get quite 'interesting'. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Yeah, been to Vegas a ton but rare to never go off strip. Can get quite 'interesting'. 
I heard recently that off strip is getting to be as much of a draw as the strip itself for some,  didn't ask why though. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I heard recently that off strip is getting to be as much of a draw as the strip itself for some,  didn't ask why though. 

Its a lot less expensive experience, that's the main reason. The Strip is off the chart busy and expensive. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Its a lot less expensive experience, that's the main reason. The Strip is off the chart busy and expensive. 

Give me pretty much any national park any day over places like Vegas or New Orleans,   aside from a Vikings game occasionally,  I really don't tolerate large crowds and the drunken noise all that well anymore.  Yes I am getting old,  but mostly just over all the stupid shit that goes along with those scenes.

My last trip to Vegas with "the buddies" we stayed downtown instead of the strip.

Very different experience, but still a lot of fun...Fremont St @ night is a hoot and feast for the eyes. Almost as much as the MN State Fair.