Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Hunting
Anybody have a picture or story to share? My brother filled his elk tag this morning in Colorado B)

[Image: h9v6qwwdg828.jpeg]

I have a rifle buck tag this season, first ever. I sure hope to add a picture here soon myself! Make this into a brag thread, guys! Post your pics and stories B)

[Image: atkxtbadq7uc.jpeg]Does this count. Indiana sheepshead. delicious 

Quote: @"BrickVike" said:
[Image: atkxtbadq7uc.jpeg]Does this count. Indiana sheepshead. delicious 
Sure it does! Mushroom hunting, wish we had those here in ND. Looks awesome 

I have many, many hunting stories.  Unfortunately, none recently as my focus on my business (and business travel) has taken my time away from elk camp.  I do have one old true story to tell.  My wife and I just celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary (early Oct).  We/she scheduled the wedding so that it did not interfere with my elk hunting season in Colorado!  

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
I have many, many hunting stories.  Unfortunately, none recently as my focus on my business (and business travel) has taken my time away from elk camp.  I do have one old true story to tell.  My wife and I just celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary (early Oct).  We/she scheduled the wedding so that it did not interfere with my elk hunting season in Colorado!  
and that folks... is how Big Sky knew she was a keeper!!!

That's a sweet bull, PG.  Bet your brother was pumped!

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
That's a sweet bull, PG.  Bet your brother was pumped!
and then he looked around and said "Im how far from the truck?"

Oh he was, Wetlander. He shot him at first light opening day. His buddy saw other hunters ahead of them and knew a good way to get around in front of them. They got around in front, were settling into the spot, and this satellite bull crashed out frim the tree line about 100 yards away. The guys behind them had flushed him out right to them. My brother got a perfect scenario and took him. He’s a small 6 x 6, a nice bull for sure

He definitely said that, Jimmy =) They were at 12,000 feet and my brother was elevation sick and had a torn meniscus in his knee. He said it was the hardest thing he’s ever done in his life. This is out by Buena Vista. It took them from approximately 7:00 a.m. when he shot him until after 6:00 p.m. to haul him out on back packs. My brother lost his footing going down a slope and his foot caught under a rock and ripped his knee out from under him. He figured he slide about 60 feet down the slope. He is a hurting unit but is a happy hurting unit =)