Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denver

1. Russell Wilson is terrible. I have no idea what happened to him but he is a shadow of his former self
  2. Sean Payton is calling a horrible game. I thought he was a very good offensive mind? What I am watching against KC is far from that.
YUCK!

Quote: @mblack said:

1. Russell Wilson is terrible. I have no idea what happened to him but he is a shadow of his former self
Not a coincidence that his play went down hill after he began parading all over at every celebrity event with his pop star wife.  There was a reason that what was once a great relationship with Pete Carroll ended up with the Seahawks moving on.  

Russ throws for under 100 yards and 2 picks. The compensation in the trade and contract given to him by Denver is beyond horrifying:

"The Broncos traded three players and four draft picks (2022 and 2023) for Wilson. Denver sent quarterback Drew Lock, defensive tackle Shelby Harrison, tight end Noah Fant, along with 2022 first-, second- and fifth-round picks and 2023 first- and second-round picks."

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Russ throws for under 100 yards and 2 picks. The compensation in the trade and contract given to him by Denver is beyond horrifying:

"The Broncos traded three players and four draft picks (2022 and 2023) for Wilson. Denver sent quarterback Drew Lock, defensive tackle Shelby Harrison, tight end Noah Fant, along with 2022 first-, second- and fifth-round picks and 2023 first- and second-round picks."

And you didn't even get to the contract with enormous dead cap hits to move off of him.

The "next great NFL g.m." George Paton, we salute you.

I didn't watch the game, but I really thought Wilson would have a bounce-back year with Payton as coach. But now that I think about it, this is now Wilson's 3rd offense in 3 seasons and that's never a good thing. 

I'm not really all that surprised Wilson is looking bad as a Bronco.  I could see his decline his last couple seasons in Seattle.  I'm thinking Carroll knew it too.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I didn't watch the game, but I really thought Wilson would have a bounce-back year with Payton as coach. But now that I think about it, this is now Wilson's 3rd offense in 3 seasons and that's never a good thing. 
they call that a coach killer in some situations,  maybe the problem wasnt the coach,  but the QB?

He had what...four passes batted down/tipped by KC at the line of scrimmage?  That height issue is raising it's hand more than ever.

I think Wilson’s playing with CTE.  At some point he took a big hit or too many
hits and he’s just not the same.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
He had what...four passes batted down/tipped by KC at the line of scrimmage?  That height issue is raising it's hand more than ever.
thats also a sign of a QB that stares down his targets,  a lot easier for defense to bat passes if the QB doesnt hide where he intends to throw.