Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Journeyman QB Colt McCoy works out for Vikings
Journeyman QB Colt McCoy works out for Vikings (msn.com)

The Vikings worked out eight players Tuesday, including journeyman quarterback Colt McCoy, according to ESPN's Field Yates.
The 37-year-old previously worked with Vikings head coach Kevin O'Connell from 2017-2019 in Washington where O'Connell was the quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator.
McCoy was set to be the starter for Arizona before he was surprisingly cut at the end of camp. Over his 12-year career, McCoy has a thrown for 7,975 yards, 34 touchdowns and 32 interceptions for five different teams.
Quote:
Vikings current backup QB Nick Mullens missed Sunday's 27-20 loss to the Chiefs due to a back injury with head coach Kevin O'Connell telling media Monday, "We decided to hold him out and continue to evaluate his low back injury and we’ll be kind of assessing that over the next couple of days whether we decided to make a roster move there or give him, based upon the timeline of what that looks like to get him healed, and see where that goes."
Seemingly this is just a precaution to replace Mullins as the backup but after the Vikings dropped to 1-4 and star receiver Justin Jefferson landed on injured reserve, speculation will certainly mount about a possible Kirk Cousins trade.
Names of the other players who worked out are unknown

So.....now they might want a vet backup instead of Jaren Hall? For what, their playoff run?  B)

Cousins will be a FA,  maybe this is an insurance policy move?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So.....now they might want a vet backup instead of Jaren Hall? For what, their playoff run?  B)
yes.  they arent out of it yet, but realistically 7-8 wins is looking like the ceiling 

"The names of the other 7 players are unknown."
It's sad this one sentence now has me terrified they'll re-sign Mannion. I thought the bad man couldn't hurt me anymore.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
"The names of the other 7 players are unknown."
It's sad this one sentence now has me terrified they'll re-sign Mannion. I thought the bad man couldn't hurt me anymore.
somebody needs to tell them that they need to kind of hide the tank,  you cant just put it on the front page in big bold letters.

Mannion is back  Confused

Oh ffs!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...gr%5Etweet
OMG this is a fucking disaster.  Every team in the league knows this guy is worthless yet the Vikings think for some fucking reason he can play.  End this misery and tank the season and get rid of all the fucking dead wood that seems to reappear like gum on the bottom of your shoe you just can't get rid of.