Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A worried mom
So I got a call today that my son was in the hospital. The drive was agonizing to get there and seemed to take forever. It turns out he had a seizure but no one knows why. He has an appointment with a neurologist scheduled. I was so grateful to see him, there aren't enough words to express that. I slowly exhaled the breath I was holding. But he was alert and responsive when I got there so there is that. Now we wait for his appointment and go from there. 

Happy to hear he was better when you arrived. Have a few friends that have seizures and they are able to manage them. Prayers for your family.

I'm sorry to hear this Vikergirl. I'm glad he was alert and responsive when you got there. That must have been a relief, if even for a short while. I hope they're able to determine the cause and his future remains bright.

Positives thoughts for your son, VG.  Hoping for the best test results.  

I am sorry to hear this.  As a parent, it is such a helpless feeling (at any age they are) to see them injured or sick and not to know what caused it.  The doctors will figure it out, but we have you in our thoughts until they get it all straightened out.

oh VG my heart goes out to you.  that drive must have felt like forever.  im praying a lot lately.  I'll include your son in them.  let us know what the Dr. says.

VG, thoughts are with your son and you.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts. The follow up isn't until Friday so for now we wait. I am so glad I can come here and replenish the well.

Quite the scare, VG.  Good luck on Friday. Hoping for the best.

My thoughts are with you VG.  My son has a friend that had this ... whatever medicine they gave him worked.  And he is 100% healthy.