Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Bud Light Commercial
Watching the Bills-Jags game and saw the Bud Light commercial. Oh, they love 'Joe Lunchpail' again! All about the everyday NFL fan! lmao, dumb asses.....

It's business, corporations do what they gotta do to make money 

too many suckers out there with short memories

Unfortunately past decisions alienated them from their core consumer. 

Take em a long time to mend that fence.

Quote: @rf54 said:
If you drink beer you likley drink an anheuser busch product. 

I honestly don't give two shits, I've got Bud Light in my fridge right now. But this was an epic Marketing mistake on their part. Let's alienate the 'frat bros' that guzzle BL like its water all week against the transgender crowd that I highly doubt is drinking ANYWHERE near the amount the college bros are. Its just so dumb. Don't go woke over shit water beer that dudes end of slamming literally day long because its so low alcohol. And low calorie. Its the conceptual aspect that was so missing the mark. Consumption is the name of the game.

I saw that and just laughed. Like we know who you are now Bud Light, and for them to make a commercial like they are for the "everyday working man fan" is just laughable. I'd love nothing more than to see that company go out of business, and theor beer sucks anyways..

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I saw that and just laughed. Like we know who you are now Bud Light, and for them to make a commercial like they are for the "everyday working man fan" is just laughable. I'd love nothing more than to see that company go out of business, and theor beer sucks anyways..
IT certainly doesnt smack of being authentic, does it?

I'll drop this and then I am out of this thread;

As the parent of a transgender young adult, the fact that this angered, frigtenened, alienated anyone is sad to me and my wife. 

Our kid would not hurt a fly, was kind as a child and she'd be the first to help a person/critter in need etc. There is NO recruitment of kids or forcing her lifestyle on anyone. 

I wish the world could live and let live, but I also wish for peace in the middle east...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
IT certainly doesnt smack of being authentic, does it?

I'll drop this and then I am out of this thread;

As the parent of a transgender young adult, the fact that this angered, frigtenened, alienated anyone is sad to me and my wife. 

Our kid would not hurt a fly, was kind as a child and she'd be the first to help a person/critter in need etc. There is NO recruitment of kids or forcing her lifestyle on anyone. 

I wish the world could live and let live, but I also wish for peace in the middle east...

For me at least, it was just more of a case of I can't believe this is the direction and message Bud Light was choosing to push when there are a million other non controversial/worthy causes out there they could have chosen to get behind. It was clearly a political move that blew up in their faces and nobody should feel sorry for them, I certainly don't. This new commercial of theirs is entirely disingenuous and everybody knows it. 

But I agree, what happened to the good ol' days of people just living how they want to live without it becoming political and pushing their agendas or lifestyles down everybodys throats? That's where this all becomes a big issue. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@rf54 said:
If you drink beer you likley drink an anheuser busch product. 
Not necessarily,   Miller and Coors own a good share of the market,  even more since the BL marketing team shit the bed.

AB has a huge bar at the Sturgis rally and that place was a ghost town from all the reports I saw.  Half a million people and most are beer drinkers and are there to party and AB couldn't give away their products.