Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LMAO

That's funny, but do you know who Jim Steinman is? He's the guy who wrote and produced that song, along with a dozen other ridiculously over-dramatic, over-produced crap like Paradise by the Dashboard Lights, I'd Do Anything but I Won't Do That. 

At a time when good bands were breaking new ground by simplifying, Steinman's 8-minute operas were all over top 40 radio. God I hated that shit. 

As you were...

Oh fer F's sake! 

Who didnt love Paradise by the Dashboard Lights?

Thats an anthem dude!! 

Granted it got tiring by the 800th time, but even Stairway to Heaven got tiresome. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Oh fer F's sake! 

Thats an anthem dude!! 

Granted it got tiring by the 800th time, but even Stairway to Heaven got tiresome. 
Not to mention Freebird. Loved that song when I saw them do it live but I got so sick of it. That's the problem with radio coverage of music...they latch on and won't let go.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@purplefaithful said:
Oh fer F's sake! 

Thats an anthem dude!! 

Not to mention Freebird. Loved that song when I saw them do it live but I got so sick of it. That's the problem with radio coverage of music...they latch on and won't let go.
Yup, Freebird too...Most Fleetwood Mac songs as well. 

Hotel California? 

Listen, the airplay made us all sick of it, but 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' is a pretty good tune. I think I appreciate it more now than when it came out. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Listen, the airplay made us all sick of it, but 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' is a pretty good tune. I think I appreciate it more now than when it came out. 
Agreed, the more I got into music production, the more I appreciated this and a lot of Steinman's work.  Finding out what the song was actually about decades later was interesting, too.

oy!  testosterone, injected

Quote: @savannahskol said:
oy!  testosterone, injected

lol, you can like both dude!

My musical tastes run all over the place. Love metal, rock, jazz, house, pop, electronica, indie pop, etc. Shit, I love Dua Lipa and Benee! (drives my wife nuts, lol). I'm currently going through an Indie Pop phase (circa 2014-2020). My mantra is if I haven't heard it before, no matter the year, its new to me. There's so much stuff I'm finding that I never knew existed. Big music fan! The Pandora music algorithm is my friend, its exposed me to a lot of stuff I'd never heard before.