Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Kalil needs a better feel for Cam
So says Ron Rivera news/story/0ap3000000847988/article/ron-rivera-matt-kalil-needs-better-feel-for-cam

That's "coach speak" for DO YOUR JOB.

Hope nobody wears hats in Carolina

The headline is Kalil must find a comfort zone. I always thought he became complacent. Maybe he is reverting back to that. 

Reiff has put together a two game stretch at LT that I haven't seen since Kalil's rookie year.   He has been a big upgrade for us already.  

Quote:"Unfortunately, there are still a couple of things that Matt still has
to get used to in terms of protections, the way we do protections,"
Rivera said, via the Charlotte Observer. "[He needs to] get into a little bit more of a comfort zone in his understanding and feel for Cam."
Read:  Cam holds the ball forever and we paid you to block.

Typical Kalil, lock down LT for majority of plays sprinkled with bursts of awful.  He got beat on a spin move similar to one of EG's sacks this weekend, RB came to chip and DE spun inside. 

kalil is soft

Cam will have a better "feel" for grass stains and turf burns before Kalil plays his way out of the league.

Or Cam just isn't a good passing QB that holds the ball way too long while staring one receiver down and has no idea what a defense is going to do.
Plus Kalil sucks and they both IMO are bad together.

Kalil was so over-rated here. I think he had the talent, but his lack of drive and desire to be in the NFL is something you just can turn on and off in this league, even for big money.   Imagine a job you have had in your past where you hated it, they offered you more money, so you took it, and 3 weeks later, you were still miserable.
Can't fault him for taking money that is offered, just blame the GMs who keep offering it.
I am much happier with a consistent Reilly Rieff.  He may never be a Pro Bowler, but, more often, he won't get your QB killed.  Kalil will, and will seemingly not care.

"Matt Kalil needs a better feel for the LT position" in general...

Good luck with that, Coach Rivera...