Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins is 2nd

Tommy Kramer passed for over 450 yards in a game with less protective rules for the QB and less talent at receiver. Let's see Cousins get close to that.

common denominator is no super bowls

Cousins has done everything but win. He is a solid QB that rarely rises above in crunch time. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Cousins has done everything but win. He is a solid QB that rarely rises above in crunch time. 
He's probably the best slinger we've had here since Favre. 

But until he (and the team) get over the hump? There aint much more to say. 

I get the sentiment - even though I dont believe in QB wins. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Bullazin said:

I don't get the sentiment. This team is so obviously flawed, asking a single player to "rise above" or in other words, single handedly carry a team to victory in the ultimate team sport is baffling. Nobody questioned the greatness or value of Barry Sanders or Walter Payton in their prime. When the Bears won in '85, it was because of the defense, not McMahon, Payton, or any single player who "rose above". The same can be said of the Steelers dynasty. Bradshaw was pretty mediocre. The Tampa Bay SB win with Dilfer? Giants with Manning? Ravens with Joe Flacco? Please... those were just guys in the right place at the right time.

QB's that "rise above" on a consistent basis can probably be counted on less than 2 hands in the last 20 yrs., and even they don't guarantee SB appearances. Even the Puke with 30 yrs. of pro bowl QB play got some pretty poor returns on the crunch time QB "rise  above" play. We got a lot bigger problems than Kirk that should be obvious by now.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Bullazin said:

I don't get the sentiment. This team is so obviously flawed, asking a single player to "rise above" or in other words, single handedly carry a team to victory in the ultimate team sport is baffling. Nobody questioned the greatness or value of Barry Sanders or Walter Payton in their prime. When the Bears won in '85, it was because of the defense, not McMahon, Payton, or any single player who "rose above". The same can be said of the Steelers dynasty. Bradshaw was pretty mediocre. The Tampa Bay SB win with Dilfer? Giants with Manning? Ravens with Joe Flacco? Please... those were just guys in the right place at the right time.

QB's that "rise above" on a consistent basis can probably be counted on less than 2 hands in the last 20 yrs., and even they don't guarantee SB appearances. Even the Puke with 30 yrs. of pro bowl QB play got some pretty poor returns on the crunch time QB "rise  above" play. We got a lot bigger problems than Kirk that should be obvious by now.
Hey now Tampa won w/ Brad Johnson, ex Viking, believe Dilfer also won his w/ the Ravens…

Editors note - Those old timers put up those numbers with a 14 game regular season.