Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Risner Highlights

well at least he can handle a stunt.

You can see he plays with more quickness and fire than Ingram. Really curious where the Vikings put him. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
You can see he plays with more quickness and fire than Ingram. Really curious where the Vikings put him. 
its been a couple years,  but IIRC Cleveland showed better on the right side when he was playing over there,  I dont know how wise it would be to move him back there now,  but since Risner is a LG as well... why not try and see what Cleveland gives you back at RG,  what are they gonna do....lose?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
its been a couple years,  but IIRC Cleveland showed better on the right side when he was playing over there,  I dont know how wise it would be to move him back there now,  but since Risner is a LG as well... why not try and see what Cleveland gives you back at RG,  what are they gonna do....lose?
If they really want to try something different put Risner in at LG and put Brandell in at RG and let it roll.  Like you said Jimmy what are they going to do....lose?

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
If they really want to try something different put Risner in at LG and put Brandell in at RG and let it roll.  Like you said Jimmy what are they going to do....lose?
Cleveland played RG pretty damn well, I dont think we would be hurt if he was able to move back and play at that level.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I don't think you take Cleveland out. He's part of the reason we're not running the ball well, but he's been solid in pass pro. Either put Risner on the left and Cleveland on the right or leave him at LG and put Risner at RG. Guards are a little less side-dependent than tackles. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Greylock" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I don't think you take Cleveland out. He's part of the reason we're not running the ball well, but he's been solid in pass pro. Either put Risner on the left and Cleveland on the right or leave him at LG and put Risner at RG. Guards are a little less side-dependent than tackles. 
Shoring up pass pro will give KC an extra best or two, which will force teams to play longer coverage and that will take them out of their heavy box defenses that are easier to blitz out of,  that will fix part of the run game right there.  Won't fix the power runs,  but will give more creases for non obvious plays.

The bar is not set high, he basically just has to avoid stepping on the QB's feet or knocking the ball out of his hands =)

Quote: @"JR44" said:
The bar is not set high, he basically just has to avoid stepping on the QB's feet or knocking the ball out of his hands =)
Believe or not, that does go along ways in a game of inches...