Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They going to make an OL move?
With Darrisaw injured and Udoh out for the year...

I would think so. Just don't know if it will move the needle at all or if its just a depth fill. 

Depth maybe. I could be wrong but I don't think Darrisaw is out much longer. It reads like an ankle sprain. He could play against the Chargers and if not, I doubt he misses any more. Plus, we brought in Quessenberry already and Brandel can play there in a pinch. 

Nope.

Nothing to do with the OT position, but does anyone else find it interesting that Risner is still out there?

Contract demands must exceed perceived value. That and or other things giving clubs pause. 

what makes absolutely no Fn sense,  they pass on Risner because hes expensive and is pretty much a pass pro guy only,  but yet we spent a first round pick on a WR,  we just made out TE the highest at the position,  we hang onto Kirk because they feel they need a quality QB, oh yeah,  and we have the #1 WR in the league,   but in the offseason they say they want to run the ball more and get better keeping up with the chains,  but yet they did nothing to improve the IOL which is really where running the ball starts.  everything they have and have done says focus on pass, but they say run,  and then do nothing to improve the run,  but bolster the pass.

the moves of this team are certainly confusing as hell, so I have no clue what they might do to replace Udoh.... possibly add another LB?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
what makes absolutely no Fn sense,  they pass on Risner because hes expensive and is pretty much a pass pro guy only,  but yet we spent a first round pick on a WR,  we just made out TE the highest at the position,  we hang onto Kirk because they feel they need a quality QB, oh yeah,  and we have the #1 WR in the league,   but in the offseason they say they want to run the ball more and get better keeping up with the chains,  but yet they did nothing to improve the IOL which is really where running the ball starts.  everything they have and have done says focus on pass, but they say run,  and then do nothing to improve the run,  but bolster the pass.

the moves of this team are certainly confusing as hell, so I have no clue what they might do to replace Udoh.... possibly add another LB?
But....but...we signed Josh Oliver for his run blocking. Talk about a mostly worthless signing so far. Run game has been abysmal 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

Well, if it was a Zimmer team, probably look for a DB
For a KOC team? Probably another wr?  :p

I dont agree with their premise going into this year; that the IOL would improve significantly with continuity alone. They needed a talent upgrade. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:

But....but...we signed Josh Oliver for his run blocking. Talk about a mostly worthless signing so far. Run game has been abysmal 
Don't forget about the signing of Dean Lowery who had 1 assisted tackle against the Eagles.  Run defense has also been abysmal.

As far as moves for the offensive line, don't see any changes unless they bring in some depth pieces.  They stashed 2 or 3 guys on the practice squad so maybe one of those gets elevated to the active roster otherwise it's improvement by continuity which we all know will be same shit different week.

Darrisaw was injured coming into the league. Injured last year for concussion protocol. Injured this year for an ankle.