Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike McDaniel and the Dolphins
He looks like a SOLID head coach. Thoughts?

He's done an impressive job of building the offense around Tua's strengths, not a strong arm or very mobile, so everything is built around short drops and quick hitters.  KOC has done a good job with Cousin's confidence, but unlike McDaniels has not really done a great job of designing plays for him, especially taking in consideration the OL and his immobility, not sure I have seen one slant this year, most everything is a standard deep drop back.  

I enjoy his interviews and the fact that he vapes on the sidelines lol. I think he is hilarious. It's like McConoughy coaching an NFL team. But he's also done a hell of a job 

I know most NFL coaches are (ours is),  he's just a cliche machine in interviews. Not sure how authentic he is or not? If his players think so, thats all that matters. 

Phins have some nice players and I would take some of their DL/DB's in a heartbeat. 

Tua??? Meh

McDaniel is a character. He takes his job seriously but also enjoys himself. Professional life doesn't have to be so f$%&ing serious and stoic like many of these NFL HCs. College HCs are even worse, you'd think that life as we know it was in dire peril every Saturday with how intense and serious some of these CFB coaches are. Its nuts. They lose their f-ing minds over an offensive holding penalty or an overthrow on 3rd down. Complete sideline meltdowns that get them close to having a stroke. Lighten up.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I know most NFL coaches are (ours is),  he's just a cliche machine in interviews. Not sure how authentic he is or not? If his players think so, thats all that matters. 

Phins have some nice players and I would take some of their DL/DB's in a heartbeat. 

Tua??? Meh
You guys are super hard to please. I thought Tua was good  :o

Quote: @StickyBun said:
McDaniel is a character. He takes his job seriously but also enjoys himself. Professional life doesn't have to be so f$%&ing serious and stoic like many of these NFL HCs. College HCs are even worse, you'd think that life as we know it was in dire peril every Saturday with how intense and serious some of these CFB coaches are. Its nuts. They lose their f-ing minds over an offensive holding penalty or an overthrow on 3rd down. Complete sideline meltdowns that get them close to having a stroke. Lighten up.
Almost as bad as the fans Smile