Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Media and Kirk Cousins
The National Media smells blood in the water (otherwise known as clicks) surrounding Kirk.

All those articles about the Jets should trade for him etc
Cowherd - says we need to move on
Florio - pissed that he takes Tuesdays off

Seriously, with all the flaws this "team" has, and it all falls on Kirk which is a joke.  I am no Cousins apologist over the years at all.  I wanted us to move on from him for years and was in the camp that you need all other pieces for Kirk to win you a SB.  We clearly have failed to put those pieces together.  We have done nothing to fix the IOL and Kirk continues to get hit the most of all QB's.  Our Defense stinks other than Hunter.  Now Kirk is not perfect, and he does not manipulate the pocket well and has no internal clock but everything else is pretty top notch.  This team is not good enough for Kirk to get us there and I don't think another year will be much better with all the holes.  

After this season I want us to enter the 2024 draft with an eye on a Top 1-3 QB and start a new era - sorry for all the competitive rebuilders (failed already - IMO).
Not sign Kirk and start the rookie.  I torn on Hunter because he is still youngish and is a huge building block.  All that money saved (I know the dead Cap number is huge on Kirk) should be used to surround the new QB with an improved IOL.  In other words, set him up for success.  We have the Offensive horses everywhere else and fairly young.  The following season after Kirk's dead cap hit we are free and clear with huge salary cap space.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
The National Media smells blood in the water (otherwise known as clicks) surrounding Kirk.

All those articles about the Jets should trade for him etc
Cowherd - says we need to move on
Florio - pissed that he takes Tuesdays off

Seriously, with all the flaws this "team" has, and it all falls on Kirk which is a joke.  I am no Cousins apologist over the years at all.  I wanted us to move on from him for years and was in the camp that you need all other pieces for Kirk to win you a SB.  We clearly have failed to put those pieces together.  We have done nothing to fix the IOL and Kirk continues to get hit the most of all QB's.  Our Defense stinks other than Hunter.  Now Kirk is not perfect, and he does not manipulate the pocket well and has no internal clock but everything else is pretty top notch.  This team is not good enough for Kirk to get us there and I don't think another year will be much better with all the holes.  

After this season I want us to enter the 2024 draft with an eye on a Top 1-3 QB and start a new era - sorry for all the competitive rebuilders (failed already - IMO).
Not sign Kirk and start the rookie.  I torn on Hunter because he is still youngish and is a huge building block.  All that money saved (I know the dead Cap number is huge on Kirk) should be used to surround the new QB with an improved IOL.  In other words, set him up for success.  We have the Offensive horses everywhere else and fairly young.  The following season after Kirk's dead cap hit we are free and clear with huge salary cap space.  
I agree with everything except the start the rookie thing,  I am firmly in the camp to let a young QB have a learning year behind a vet,  it doesnt need to be a solid vet,  just one that knows his role is to help prepare the kid and embraces that mentor role.

I like the GB way of managing QB's....

2 hof'ers over 30 years and let the newest kid curate for 3 years b4 the eye of Sauron is upon him. 

So do both of you want to keep Kirk as the mentor after this year?  Meaning sign him to a multi-year deal?

Despite talking heads like Colin Cowherd and Stephen A. Smith dunking on Kirk Cousins after the Vikings' loss to the Eagles Thursday night, Cousins completed 70.5% of his 44 attempts for 364 yards and four touchdowns. That didn't earn him respect from Cowherd and Smith, but it did earn him an 83.1 grade from Pro Football Focus, which is pretty darn good. 
Cousins only had three games with a better PFF score last season and it was huge improvement from his 53.3 grade against the Eagles in 2022. 
It certainly helped that he was throwing to Justin Jefferson, whose 11 receptions for 159 yards garnered a 90.0 score from PFF. It's the ninth time in Jefferson's career that he's had a PFF grade of 90 or higher. 

LOL! Whatever. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

2 hof'ers over 30 years and let the newest kid curate for 3 years b4 the eye of Sauron is upon him. 
The Packers are a model for how to manage the QB position. If the Vikings are wise, and I think they are, they will do what it takes to draft their QBOTF this spring, and then let him sit under Cousins for at least one year. Two would be better. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

The Packers are a model for how to manage the QB position. If the Vikings are wise, and I think they are, they will do what it takes to draft their QBOTF this spring, and then let him sit under Cousins for at least one year. Two would be better. 

I think with today's cap, you can only let a rookie sit a max of one season. You MUST take advantage of that rookie QB contract. Look at all the rookie QBs this year that are starting and probably really shouldn't be.