Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the '23 Vikings better than the '22 Vikings?
Are the '23 Vikings better than the '22 Vikings? 

Passing game yes, running game no.

Defense yes, turnover margin no.

So… maybe?

IMO, hard to say. 1st game I'd say no, second game I'd say probably. But they have the exact same problems as last year, albeit the D might be a big better. You aren't going to be a better running team by losing Dalvin Cook. But Addison looks to be a better WR2 than Thielen was last season. Turnovers and injuries are hurting them right now. 

I don't think we've seen enough games to answer that question. But I know one guy who's locked in:

https://twitter.com/verysadvikings/statu...6032853306

Quote: @StickyBun said:
IMO, hard to say. 1st game I'd say no, second game I'd say probably. But they have the exact same problems as last year, albeit the D might be a big better. You aren't going to be a better running team by losing Dalvin Cook. But Addison looks to be a better WR2 than Thielen was last season. Turnovers and injuries are hurting them right now. 

I don't think we've seen enough games to answer that question. But I know one guy who's locked in:

I mean, Kirk should probably be the leader in the clubhouse for MVP despite us being 0-2. He's been nothing short of incredible through two weeks

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

I mean, Kirk should probably be the leader in the clubhouse for MVP despite us being 0-2. He's been nothing short of incredible through two weeks
he played a pretty big part in the turnovers week one,  but aside from that he play has been as good as you will get from an immobile QB.  I think he is likely the best passer in the league when making plays on script,  its just unfortunate that our OL doesnt allow him to stay on script often enough without taking that ass kicking.

Defense is better in scheme but weaker at the front 7 (how is that possible??). Other than Hunter, most everyone else in there is a rotational type on a good team, and Bullard probably doesn't make most squads.
Offense is weaker at running the ball and will probably be 32nd in rushing. 
So overall I would say it is a worse team and very talent deficient outside of QB, JA,JJ, Hock.

Run defense - not good. 

Of course you mean play on the field but if you take into account the salary cap in future years, then we're better now. Because make no mistake about it, the product that you're seeing on the field is the direct result of decisions that were made to get the cap in order.

Good question but Kirk Cousins is still getting slammed around. And yes I know he is part of the equation but that is not sustainable [Image: e4i3th9sqfat.gif]

I think the statement is "you are what your record says you are"  0-2 is not very damn good.   But you need to break eggs to make chocolate cake so I am still hoping for dessert at some point.