Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pace is legit
He didn't play a perfect game. But this is a UDFA, playing week one of his rookie season. 

https://twitter.com/FriesFootball/status...24937?s=20

He's not only a keeper, but a starter. Just needs some time, he's a rookie. If they keep increasing his reps slowly, they've got a player here. Just needs the nurturing of any other rookie seeing his first NFL action. Great to see.

Damn nice get,   and at a position of need as well.

So does this count as a plus to KAM and KOC then? #AskingForAFriend :p

Gotta love stories like this one...

dude is a flat out baller. 

Quote: @"mblack" said:
in a small way yes,  but it doesnt over come the issues of his actual draft trades and picks.   this is akin to your dog shitting all over the house, but then fetches the paper for you.

I would credit the Wilf's spending more money on UDFA.

I know you're poking fun at the haters. But as you know, drafted players and post draft free agents are all part of the same scouting process. In fact, many of the UDFAs are contacted before the draft is even over. The only difference is that for UDFAs the money has to be agreed upon before you can slap a jersey on them. Sure, credit to the Wilfs for the blank checks but that's been their policy since they bought the team. They have no input on who those players are. 

In other words, if KAM, KOC and the scout staff are accountable for the players they draft, they're equally accountable for the ones they sign afterwards. 

I think the question is whether hitting on an UDFA who did not have measurables but had a ton of intangibles and missing on high draft picks who have all the measurables but maybe not the intangibles such as instincts points to a fallacy of relying so much on analytics.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"mblack" said:
I know you're poking fun at the haters. But as you know, drafted players and post draft free agents are all part of the same scouting process. In fact, many of the UDFAs are contacted before the draft is even over. The only difference is that for UDFAs the money has to be agreed upon before you can slap a jersey on them. Sure, credit to the Wilfs for the blank checks but that's been their policy since they bought the team. They have no input on who those players are. 

In other words, if KAM, KOC and the scout staff are accountable for the players they draft, they're equally accountable for the ones they sign afterwards. 
100%