Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfortunately, I think this board is going to have a different slant....
in 6 weeks from now. And it won't be good. 4 of the next 6 games Minnesota faces: Philly, KC, Chargers, 49ers. A very possible 2-5 record at that point. Still haven't played Detroit twice. My gut is telling me (and many others) that Philly's interior D-line is going to massacre the interior of the Viking's O line, which will create havoc and pain for Kirko tomorrow night. 

Have to play the games first....maybe the team will surprise us.....but the weather forecast is mostly cloudy with rain (metaphorically). The last thing I want is to be focusing on the Draft already. Hoping for a purple miracle here.

[Image: 99fe71a9-8bf3-4efc-a450-6eed291d8962_text.gif]

It'll be a different game than the Bucs game. Eagles rarely blitz. Mostly because they don't have to. They get plenty of pressure with their front four. And that's going to be a huge challenge for our OL, especially if Bradbury and Darrisaw are out. 

I think the way the Vikings win this is by forcing Jalen Hurts to make mistakes, which he can do. And then taking advantage of them. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It'll be a different game than the Bucs game. Eagles rarely blitz. Mostly because they don't have to. They get plenty of pressure with their front four. And that's going to be a huge challenge for our OL, especially if Bradbury and Darrisaw are out. 

I think the way the Vikings win this is by forcing Jalen Hurts to make mistakes, which he can do. And then taking advantage of them. 
I am not going to delude myself into thinking the Vikes even have a shot in this game.  I hope they prove me wrong.  

Are you kidding, it is always sunny in Philadelphia for us Viking fans Sad

I got an eagles fan at work,  we've in the past made wagers on these matchups,  I know that vegas  is 7, my gut tells me 20 and I still would be hesitant to take that bet.  I see Kirk getting rattled early and having a stinker, the D wont have an answer for Hurts ability to create out of the pocket and this bitch gets away from us badly.   OR some crazy shit happens and we see why a good policy is just never to bet on or against the Vikings.

I have a funny feeling Kirk is going to get hurt this year.  Been way to lucky.

If that happens, this season is going to up side down.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I got an eagles fan at work,  we've in the past made wagers on these matchups,  I know that vegas  is 7, my gut tells me 20 and I still would be hesitant to take that bet.  I see Kirk getting rattled early and having a stinker, the D wont have an answer for Hurts ability to create out of the pocket and this bitch gets away from us badly.   OR some crazy shit happens and we see why a good policy is just never to bet on or against the Vikings.
Unfortunately I fully agree.  Philly might end up even better than last year, and I don't think the Vikes are.  I'm preparing myself for an ugly loss Thursday night.

Either we are going to pull off some out of nowhere W like we did with Joe Webb vs Michael Vick in Philly OR we are going to get smoked.  the NFL is weird, you just never know.  
Get smoked and I don't see how this team avoids starting 1-4 at best.  This schedule starts with a gauntlet, we needed to win at home vs a lesser team to be serious.  

I think we have to win three of the next six games. Chargers at home, at Carolina, and at Chicago are all winnable. We drop a couple of those and we are in serious trouble 

For what it's worth, KOC hasn't won his last 5 games and likely drops a 6th at Philly tomorrow. I think it's time to rethink playing starters in preseason. Getting them some work and not looking as sloppy might have been the difference in beating Tampa last weekend