Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrows, Herbert, Jones...almost $150million per season...
...all failed to "elevate their teams" on week 1, and the most/newest paid couldn't even find the end zone vs. Cleveland.  3 points vs. the NFL's favorite spot for sexual predators.

I guess the teams slipped off their "shoulders"...?  I mean, getting a young stud QB is the Rosetta Stone for guaranteed jewelry, right?  Hold on, I'm gonna ask Josh Allen if we can count his rings....

...heh!

This post/thread brought to you by the people that fixate on QBs and nothing else, plus assume that 'young stud QBs' are win dispensers.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to have Burrows or Herbert on this team, I mean Burrows only took his team to a Super Bowl in his 2nd season and then back to AFC championship last year.  Herbert has made the Chargers relevant and by the way they scored 34 points yesterday.  Josh Allen has made the Bills a Super Bowl contender since he has been there.  

And I am sure you want to tell us that Mahomes and Hurts are total non-factors as well.  

I would say this post is brought to you by the people who fixate on making all recreational drugs legal  =)

Quote: @Zanary said:
...all failed to "elevate their teams" on week 1, and the most/newest paid couldn't even find the end zone vs. Cleveland.  3 points vs. the NFL's favorite spot for sexual predators.

I guess the teams slipped off their "shoulders"...?  I mean, getting a young stud QB is the Rosetta Stone for guaranteed jewelry, right?  Hold on, I'm gonna ask Josh Allen if we can count his rings....

...heh!

This post/thread brought to you by the people that fixate on QBs and nothing else, plus assume that 'young stud QBs' are win dispensers.
Agree with the tone of your post, but those QBs will have better days. Dak Prescott played almost as poorly as those guys, worse than Herbert IMO. And he won 40-0. A lot of weirdness in week one. 

Yes, the true formula is a shitty QB you pay next to nothing. 

[Image: R.bd0992f0ef95163832011a982d5ec700?rik=L...ImgRaw&r=0]

I left Mahomes off of this, but that was largely because I watched his receivers drop passes every time I paid attention.

My point is, and has been, this: it's a team sport.  If the line doesn't block (or swats the ball out of the QB's hand, for fuggsakes), the QB, WRs, TEs, FBs, and RBs have rough days.  Likewise, if receivers don't make catches, all the money thrown at the QB may as well have been lit on fire.

Burrows DID get to the big game, but had a stout defense...he wasn't behind a bad line while also in a points race with a cellar-dweller defense.  He also had that line cost him worst on the biggest stage, when needed most.

Team game.  The QB gets too much credit/blame, but the smarter fans are aware of that.  The people insisting that Mahomes, not the Chiefs, won the Lombardis are welcome to explain last Thursday night...and how Burrows signed on for $275 million just in time to lead his offense to 3 points.  3.

I have no interest in him, given his expense/return ratio this season.

My point is, and has been, this: it's a team sport.  If the line doesn't block (or swats the ball out of the QB's hand, for fuggsakes), the QB, WRs, TEs, FBs, and RBs have rough days.  Likewise, if receivers don't make catches, all the money thrown at the QB may as well have been lit on fire.

Burrows DID get to the big game, but had a stout defense...he wasn't behind a bad line while also in a points race with a cellar-dweller defense.  He also had that line cost him worst on the biggest stage, when needed most.
During Burrows' rookie year, he was sacked 32 times and was knocked out for the year in Week 11.
In 2021, Burrows was then sacked an NFL league leading 51 times during the regular season, and 19 times during the playoff. In the Bengals first playoff road victory since 1988, He was sacked nine times, becoming the first QB to win a playoff game while being sacked that many times. His stats for that game was: 28 of 37 for 348. In the Super Bowl, he was sacked seven times by the Rams.

Last year Burrows was sacked 41 times during the regular season, Cousins 46 times. In 2021, Burrows 51, Cousins 28.

From an article about the Bengals O-line: "The Bengals' offensive line troubles are no secret. Their porous front
five led to Burrow taking a constant barrage of hits during his rookie
season, which ended when he suffered a torn ACL. Things weren't much
better in 2021, when Burrow was sacked an NFL-high 51 times in the
regular season before adding 19 more in the playoffs."

...of course, we now have Erin putting the Jets "on his back"...oh, wait, no, he's out with an ankle injury after one series.

Sadly, he could miss the rest of the season and the Joe Bucks of the sports world would still nominate him for MVP.

Meanwhile, Allen just threw his third pick of the game against 1 TD pass.
$43 Million per year, 8 million more than Cousins, who, according to the crayon-chewers in the hater club, has kept the team from affording defense, o-line, etc due to his salary since he arrived.
The Bills have both a stout line and defense.
Huh.
It's like their math...isn't.

Ooops, and an Allen fumble...after a dropped snap...and he just lost it during the ensuing tackle...

...wow, folks....

Ooops, and an Allen fumble...after a dropped snap...and he just lost it during the ensuing tackle...

...wow, folks....
Allen has like a mind numbing 84 turnovers since 2018. Rarely gets mentioned. The media doesn't want that narrative, so....