Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
did vikings get caught looking ahead to the eagles
sloppy  game. turnovers,penalties  play calling not always the best. did the vikings spend to much  time on work on Thursday game and over look the  bucs some. 

How would you ever be able to differentiate between “All
those things because we were looking ahead” and “All those things because it
was just the first game or generic not playing good?”

I dont think so...Hard to overlook the opener imo. 

i think what we saw was more about a lack of preseason reps against live situations.  

This was a very important missed opportunity against a less than powerful team at HOME and in the CONFERENCE.  SMH

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
This was a very important missed opportunity against a less than powerful team at HOME and in the CONFERENCE.  SMH
its sucks,  but even with our stupid tough schedule,  if they cant overcome one shit loss... they arent a contender to begin with.  they have 16 more games to make up for this loss,  or this loss really doesnt matter anyway IMO.  ( personally I think last year was a mirage and they are not the team that some think they are,  there are some nice tools there,  but not enough to make up for the deficiencies at key areas.)

Nobody was ready to play football in the NFL’s saddest opening Sunday (msn.com)

A special Week 1 shout out belongs to the Minnesota Vikings. If you’ve spent hours like I have watching Secret Base’s “Dorktown: The History of the Minnesota Vikings” then you know that the most dangerous thing for this team is thinking there’s a “gimme,” and they earned the upset of the week by dropping a game to Baker Mayfield and the Buccaneers, despite having more than 100 yards of total offense and allowing only one sack.
Minnesota’s second half was one of the most pathetic performances of the week as Justin Jefferson managed to only register two catches for 12 yards in the final two quarters. The otherworldly WR looked despondent on the bench, realizing that the reason this game slipped away was solely because of Kirk Cousins and his three turnovers.
Vikings fans who wanted to know why Cousins wasn’t ranked higher in preseason polls or why Minnesota was a mid-tier team in Power Rankings: Sunday is precisely why,

Quote: @"minny65" said:

A special Week 1 shout out belongs to the Minnesota Vikings. If you’ve spent hours like I have watching Secret Base’s “Dorktown: The History of the Minnesota Vikings” then you know that the most dangerous thing for this team is thinking there’s a “gimme,” and they earned the upset of the week by dropping a game to Baker Mayfield and the Buccaneers, despite having more than 100 yards of total offense and allowing only one sack.
Minnesota’s second half was one of the most pathetic performances of the week as Justin Jefferson managed to only register two catches for 12 yards in the final two quarters. The otherworldly WR looked despondent on the bench, realizing that the reason this game slipped away was solely because of Kirk Cousins and his three turnovers.
Vikings fans who wanted to know why Cousins wasn’t ranked higher in preseason polls or why Minnesota was a mid-tier team in Power Rankings: Sunday is precisely why,
If they intend to make him the highest paid non-quarterback in the league then this is a pathetic stat period.  No way he should have been taken away by the Bucs, he is just to good for that.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"minny65" said:

If they intend to make him the highest paid non-quarterback in the league then this is a pathetic stat period.  No way he should have been taken away by the Bucs, he is just to good for that.
he cant throw himself the ball,  was he really taken away or was Kirk simply looking elsewhere?  I saw one in the back of the endzone that Kirk missed JJ for what should have been 6.