Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought this was encouraging...
The corners held-up pretty well today. Those two Buc receivers aren't an easy draw. 

I guess we'll see the pff scores soon enough. 

Agreed. I thought overall it was a pretty good performance by the defense, granted Tampa is no offensive powerhouse. This was all about a lack of execution on offense and turnovers. 

The defense did pretty good actually. Kudos to the corners 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Agreed. I thought overall it was a pretty good performance by the defense, granted Tampa is no offensive powerhouse. This was all about a lack of execution on offense and turnovers. 
Dont forget some really ill timed penalties...The 2 neutral zone infractions were painfully costly. 

And don't forget Mayfield made some bad throws to wide open guys.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Early on, but once he settled in he had much better ball placement.  He was easily the better QB in the 2nd half.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Early on, but once he settled in he had much better ball placement.  He was easily the better QB in the 2nd half.

He also had a ton of time to throw. Makes a big difference.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

He also makes his own time by moving around.  Something Kirk has never shown the willingness or ability to do.  Kirk makes it easy for opposing pass rushers with his straight drop backs and set ups,  baker moved around a lot more which makes it more of a challenge to rush.  Kirk does his linemen no favors,   and neither does KOCs play calling.

Speaking of play calling,   who the fuck runs right at vita vea in a goal line situation with a back up center and weak as hell interior OL?  Especially when the call has the guard pulling out of a gap that vea can hit quickly?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

He also makes his own time by moving around.  Something Kirk has never shown the willingness or ability to do.  Kirk makes it easy for opposing pass rushers with his straight drop backs and set ups,  baker moved around a lot more which makes it more of a challenge to rush.  Kirk does his linemen no favors,   and neither does KOCs play calling.

Speaking of play calling,   who the fuck runs right at vita vea in a goal line situation with a back up center and weak as hell interior OL?  Especially when the call has the guard pulling out of a gap that vea can hit quickly?
While I don't disagree, yesterday Mayfield didn't have to move around much in the 2nd half. He had time inside the pocket. 

Now I definitely think the TQBOTF for KOC and crew will be a kid with much more mobility in his skill set. Has to be. You can't completely count on a clean pocket in the NFL and Cousins has produced HUGE numbers with a fairly shitty O-line in his time in Minnesota. But there are times he just takes sacks because he's got little mobility. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Dont forget some really ill timed penalties...The 2 neutral zone infractions were painfully costly. 

Those two, the one from Patrick Jones and the other from Jay Ward were huge. Just stupid mental errors. Combine those with 3 costly turnovers and it's pretty hard to find a way to win, even against the Bucs.