Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outplayed, Outcoached, No Excuse for this kind of performance.
Maybe the experts were right about the Vikings regressing this year. This Oline
proved once again to be one of the worst in the league. They need to bench Ingram
for the Philly game. He's just too much of a liability. KOC and Kwesi need to take
some heat for not doing anything in the offseason to improve it. Hoping that Bradbury's
back could remain healthy for a full season was a major gamble and that doesn't look
good at the moment. 

The Defensive line was not getting home. They could only create pressure when
Flores ran Cover Zero. Lots of missed tackles. Baker consistently burned the
Vikings with critical throws after the Bucs made adjustments. Especially in the second
half. That opening drive in the third quarter chewed up 9 minutes, and then Jay Ward's
penalty was a back breaker.  

KOC's playcalling was also disappointing. He played right into Tampa Bay's hands who
have a very fast and athletic defense. The underneath stuff, behind the line of scrimmage
throws, etc. were getting blown up every time. Cousins reverted back to what he is
when he's under pressure. Give Credit to Bowles and his coaching staff for coming
in with a great game plan and being able to execute it. 

to many mistakes especially in yhe redzone

I said before the game this Bucs team would be a challenge based on matchups and not surprised to see us lay a turd at home. Bad penalties, bad turnovers, and we just lacked a lot from an execution standpoint. I thought the defense played well mostly. This was on our offense.

Outside of lack of pass-rush in 2nd 1/2 I thought the D played pretty well too. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I said before the game this Bucs team would be a challenge based on matchups and not surprised to see us lay a turd at home. Bad penalties, bad turnovers, and we just lacked a lot from an execution standpoint. I thought the defense played well mostly. This was on our offense.
I agree on the D, but as the game went on, they quickly figured out the Vikings' Cover Zero and made us pay. Flores will need to figure some things out because the 2nd half wasn't making Baker unconfortable with what he was throwing at him. Bottom line, you can't overcome a terrible interior OLine and nothing was done in the offseason to fix it. Kirk was hit 9 times. Ingram needs to be benched. KOC wanted to run the ball more to help protect Kirk. We spent a lot on Oliver, but he had more of an impact in the passing game than the highest paid TE in the NFL. Our Play Action game was non-existent with their 5 man rush getting home all game long. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@supafreak84 said:
I agree on the D, but as the game went on, they quickly figured out the Vikings' Cover Zero and made us pay. Flores will need to figure some things out because the 2nd half wasn't making Baker unconfortable with what he was throwing at him. Bottom line, you can't overcome a terrible interior OLine and nothing was done in the offseason to fix it. Kirk was hit 9 times. Ingram needs to be benched. KOC wanted to run the ball more to help protect Kirk. We spent a lot on Oliver, but he had more of an impact in the passing game than the highest paid TE in the NFL. Our Play Action game was non-existent with their 5 man rush getting home all game long. 
But wait....I thought continuity on the line was all we needed for improvement? Strange.. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@TBro said:
@supafreak84 said:
But wait....I thought continuity on the line was all we needed for improvement? Strange.. 
Correct. All the local talking heads were drinking the purple Kool-Aid coming out of TCO all Summer that bringing back all 5 starters would naturally overcome all the problems of terrible guard play and an undersized center who routinely gets forklifted into the QB's lap even when he's healthy. Can Josh Oliver snap the ball?

Ingram did have that one textbook strip sack  Confused

Rinse and repeat:

Front 7 on defense and OIL on Offense - weaknesses that are the same as last year.  

I've always said the way to beat Cousins is pressure him early.. Then forget about downfield and cover the check-downs.
Did someone here tell the Bucs my plan?