Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings extend Josh Metellus
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsnews.com%2Fminnesota%2Fnews%2Fvikings-reportedly-extend-backup-safety-special-teamer-josh-metellus%2F

Special teams and locker room contract sounds like to me. it will be interesting to see his role on d this year. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Special teams and locker room contract sounds like to me. it will be interesting to see his role on d this year. 
Vikings rewarding one of the leaders of their defense, even if he isn't a starter. Heard Harrison Smith say that even he learns from Metellus. Sounds like he's going to see a lot of slot in big nickel this year. 

Seems like a pricey reserve but there's been a lot of buzz around him this offseason, so I'll wait to see how much he's on the field before making any judgements. If he plays a ton this contract could wind up being a good one. Regardless, glad he's in the fold for another couple years if the staff likes him. Cap room is great but we need bodies too.

If I was the OP, I would have titled the thread:

** BREAKING!! **

And F'd with everyone...You missed your chance Sticky. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Seems like a pricey reserve but there's been a lot of buzz around him this offseason, so I'll wait to see how much he's on the field before making any judgements. If he plays a ton this contract could wind up being a good one. Regardless, glad he's in the fold for another couple years if the staff likes him. Cap room is great but we need bodies too.
I heard the same,  I am excited to see what role he has in the new D.  This extension suggests that it might be more than simply a reserve role.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
If I was the OP, I would have titled the thread:

** BREAKING!! **

And F'd with everyone...You missed your chance Sticky. 
That was the old me.....I don't do that anymore.

Or do I?

Another nice find for Spelly's second to last draft and after 3 years of play.  Getting 3 starters from a draft 3 years later is excellent.  Two is good to average and one sucks.  

2020 draft hit/possible hits still:

Justin Jefferson - best WR in football - big hit
Ezra Cleveland - round 2 - hit - decent starter
round 4 - DJ Wonnum - looks to be a good backup prospect to start maybe
round 4 - Troy Dye - see Wonnum
round 5 - KJ Osborne - expected to start and is that on depth chart - hit
round 6 - Blake Brandel - see Wonnum and Dye
round 6 - Mettelus - looks to be a starter in a Flores Defense

Bottom line - excellent 2020 draft by any measure!

He'll be starting next year with Bynum. Nice signing to get him extended 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
He'll be starting next year with Bynum. Nice signing to get him extended 
That turd you see circling the drain in Cine.  Oh had we drafted Hamilton or Davis.