Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 QB Watch
NFL Rookie Watch@NFLRookieWatxhThe potential 2024 QB draft class absolutely showed OUT in week one.
This QB class could be the best the NFL has EVER seen.
Caleb Williams (USC): 18/24, 319 passing yards, 5 TD’s
Drake Maye (UNC): 24/32, 269 yards, 2 TD’s, 2 INT’s
Shedeur Sanders (Colorado): 38/47, 510 yards (led country), 4 TD’s
Michael Penix Jr. (UW): 29/40, 450 yards, 5 TD’s
Quinn Ewers (Texas): 19/30, 260 yards, 3 TD’s
JJ McCarthy (Michigan): 26/30, 280 yards, 3 TD’s
Bo Nix (Oregon): 23/27, 287 yards, 3 TD’s
Riley Leonard (Duke): 17/33, 175 yards, 98 rushing yards, 1 TD
Spencer Rattler (SC): 30/39, 353 yards
Joe Milton (Tennessee): 21/30, 201 yards, 4 total TD’s
Jordan Travis (FSU): 23/31, 342 yards, 5 total TD’s
And only ONE of these QB’s came away with a loss 

Granted it was against lower competition, but I really liked what I've seen so far out of Sam Hartman. He's a Kirk Cousins type guy. Not flashy, but his touch, accuracy, and pocket awareness is outstanding. 

Really looking forward to seeing Ewers at Bama on Saturday..

Also with the NIL now in place you won't see all these guys declare, but Dan Orlovsky stated on ESPN the other day that he could see up to 6 QB's taken in the first round next year. We'll likely be a team taking one of them 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Also with the NIL now in place you won't see all these guys declare, but Dan Orlovsky stated on ESPN the other day that he could see up to 6 QB's taken in the first round next year. We'll likely be a team taking one of them 
I hear you, but this never happens. What happens is that NFL GMs feel differently than the draft 'experts' and most of these guys will slide to round 2/3. Remember some draftniks had QB Jake Fromm a top 15 pick in round 1 (went in the 5th round). Its possible I suppose, but I've already seen one mock that has only 2 QBs going in round 1.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I hear you, but this never happens. What happens is that NFL GMs feel differently than the draft 'experts' and most of these guys will slide to round 2/3. Remember some draftniks had QB Jake Fromm a top 15 pick in round 1 (went in the 5th round). Its possible I suppose, but I've already seen one mock that has only 2 QBs going in round 1.
You're right that about half of these guys will fall by the wayside. They either won't declare or there will be fundamental flaws discovered in the pre-draft process. Fromm is a good example. Kyle Trask, Stetson Bennett and Sam Howell are a few more. 

But the group of QBs getting early buzz does seem to be bigger this year than it typically is. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
You're right that about half of these guys will fall by the wayside. They either won't declare or there will be fundamental flaws discovered in the pre-draft process. Fromm is a good example. Kyle Trask, Stetson Bennett and Sam Howell are a few more. 

But the group of QBs getting early buzz does seem to be bigger this year than it typically is. 
I do think this upcoming Draft is going to have more real options than most years, but still.....

Ewers...wow

So Caleb “may not like” the team drafting number one....Christ. Sounds like another entitled prick couple decades ago. I think his name was Chad Powers.

Say what you want, but I really dont want my QB throwing the ball 50 times a game, but hey, its a different age i guess.

Nix has some moxie, played calm / well-collected when coming from behind, made some plays running the ball....(Although I think that one pass was picked off in the end zone)

deep QB class

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
So Caleb “may not like” the team drafting number one....Christ. Sounds like another entitled prick couple decades ago. I think his name was Chad Powers.

Say what you want, but I really dont want my QB throwing the ball 50 times a game, but hey, its a different age i guess.

Nix has some moxie, played calm / well-collected when coming from behind, made some plays running the ball....(Although I think that one pass was picked off in the end zone)

deep QB class
The NIL now gives players like Williams choice. If he doesn't want to play for say, the dumpster fire that is the Arizona Cardinals, he can just stay in school and make some more Wendy's commercials without having to worry about money. 

But yeah this is a good looking crop of quarterbacks so far. Quin Ewers was incredible today in a win at Bama. Sam Hartman continues to impress.